TNF Warranty

4:42 a.m. on August 2, 2017 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,419 forum posts

So, in an effort to give kudo's where and when kudo's are due...............I give my salute to TNF and their continued, continuing, warranties and customer service.

Four weeks ago I brought a Sleeve Oval Intention tent body and a VE-25 fly in for warranty repair to the downtown Seattle store for what I felt was honestly Warranty repairs. The Sleeve OI body needed a new door Zipper and the VE-25 need a new clear window replaced after a clouding and cracking problem. I also need four foam spacers 4 for the VE-25 and another VE-25 that I own.

So, two weeks after I took the tent body and the fly in, 4 foam spacers showed up at my door. Cool............That was fast. 2.5 weeks later the OI tent body and the VE fly showed up on my door step.

After looking at the OI tent body I discovered that they not only replaced the tent door zipper, they replaced the door screen zipper as well. I'm guessing that because of the placement of both zippers that it was just easier to replace both rather than one. But who an I to complain!

I was hoping that they would just replace the VE-25 fly as it has more stains than I remembered, the body is in perfect condition, but they did replace the clear window on it. And they did a fine job of it.

So, once again I must give The North Face the very highest marks on their years and years of lifetime warranties.

Thanks TNF for all these years of good times and great service.

11:48 a.m. on August 2, 2017 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
696 forum posts

I second that! Excellent warranty support over the years and within the last year a replacement pole set for my Ring Oval Intention and 2 foam spacers without any hassles.

1:04 p.m. on August 5, 2017 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,429 forum posts

I had a North Face VE24 I bought in 1979. In 1996 I was backpacking in the Gros Ventre (Grow-Vont) mountains near Jackson WY. I was camped at Goodwin Lake and left on a day hike, when I returned I found my tent in shambles obviously some large animal had trashed it for me probably looking for food. It ripped through the bug netting and zippered tent door, thrashed around and made a new door in the back.

That night I slept in the tent and woke to find a young grizzly bear coming into my camp as I peered out of the tent. It made a bee-line for the tent, I said Hey Bear and it ran away. I followed it and it went down into the woods. I figure this was the one that destroyed my tent.

I sent it off later to North Face and they replaced the bug door and nylon door and zipper and sewed the hole in the back wall so well, I thought they had replaced the whole nylon wall. They charged me $40.

In 1980 I was winter camping in Yosemite Valley and the same then barely 3 month old VE24 got covered by a 4 foot Sierra Cement snow fall one night, stretching the fly and bent the pole. I called THF and told them what happened and that I was living in the tent. They by my word alone, sent me new poles and a new rain fly.

That same year in 1979 I bought a TNF 2nd generation Gore-Tex rain pants. I wore them for the next nearly two decades. In 1993 I was living in Tucson AZ for the winter. During a monsoon rain I wore them to work, they leaked near the knee's. I sent them to TNF and they replaced them completely with a brand new pair.

So, YES The North Face has one of the best warranties out in the outdoor gear world!

February 21, 2020
Quick Reply