Wow my New Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad has Gone Bad

11:23 a.m. on March 4, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Wow my New Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad has Gone Bad (Review Part 1)
My YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/aQIydUwf8S0

I started to use my new Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad on 2-20-2018 

my New Big Agnes Two Track Sleeping Pad/Big Agnes Third Degree foam Sleeping Pad
My YouTube Video
https://youtu.be/Y4QGFsfYzkc

Wow my New Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2 after putting in some air tonight at my spot before I put in my Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2012 and the Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular.
And I was hearing pop pop pop sounds and I looked around I didn't know what it was all a sudden my sleeping pad just moved where was just sitting there waiting for my Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag. And I am going to email and call campsaver.com and for see if they can send me a free shipping label so I can exchange for a thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2

"Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2 go's Pop pop pop at the head near the Valve"

I am really glad that I was not on my Bicycle Touring Trip on the Southern Tier bicycle Route from Tampa, FL to San Diego, CA in the middle of nowhere 300 miles from anywhere 

I have been using Thermarest Sleeping Pads pad since 1996 never had a problem

Please when someone who is posting on a Problem with Backpacking gear and Bicycle Touring Gear or Bicycle Parts don't not joke about it and Yesterday my Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2 started to pop pop pop after putting air in the Sleeping Pad! And it made a big bubble on both sides of the Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2

28576596_2090460614568776_75240279503938

28661091_2090460757902095_11311331595292

28468450_2090460711235433_77576764132723

7:46 p.m. on March 4, 2018 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
2,615 reviewer rep
1,638 forum posts

Looks like you have a built in pillow! Kinda cool...unless it leaks. Either contact big anges and get a replacement or do so through camp saver, either way you shouldnt have an issue. New products can always fail, that is why we test them and try them out before a long trip especially. Def don't want that surprise come bed time on the trail.

12:29 a.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
244 reviewer rep
5,299 forum posts

I used a Ensolite foam pad for the first 30 years I went backpacking and then a friend gave me  Therm-a-Rest. I went thru about 5 different inflatables, each getting too many pin prick holes and being flat when I needed them! So I returned to a foam pad. No way to puncture it and it will last me the rest of my life.

41jLaNdtNhL-_SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jp
It has small bumps and dips on the "top" side and is flat on the other. Cost me $13 at Amazon.

I still have a Therm-a-Rest air pad, but last spring had to mail it off to the company to have them repair it cause I could not find the hole(s), even after dipping it in water to try to see the bubbles. It rolls up as small as a Nalgene bottle and weighs about 2 lbs. The pad above rolls up  about a foot in diameter and is 24 in wide and weighs about 8 ounces. Plan to use it along with the foam pad, but plan to faze out using it and stay with just the foam pad.

10:45 a.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I have emailed campsaver and Big Agnes on Sunday morning before I have Posted here and I have Read Reviews on the BA Two Track Core Sleeping Pad and I have asked questions Adventure Cycling Associations Forums and Two Spokes Forums and there was no YouTube Videos. and I really think that online Backpacking gear stores do not let 1 star or 2 star Reviews. and I am asking for a refund at Campsaver and going back to Thermarest that is Made in the USA. and I am going to Order the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve on my new Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018

10:48 a.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

I used a Ensolite foam pad for the first 30 years I went backpacking and then a friend gave me  Therm-a-Rest. I went thru about 5 different inflatables, each getting too many pin prick holes and being flat when I needed them! So I returned to a foam pad. No way to puncture it and it will last me the rest of my life.

41jLaNdtNhL-_SCLZZZZZZZ__SY500_SX500_.jp
It has small bumps and dips on the "top" side and is flat on the other. Cost me $13 at Amazon.

I still have a Therm-a-Rest air pad, but last spring had to mail it off to the company to have them repair it cause I could not find the hole(s), even after dipping it in water to try to see the bubbles. It rolls up as small as a Nalgene bottle and weighs about 2 lbs. The pad above rolls up  about a foot in diameter and is 24 in wide and weighs about 8 ounces. Plan to use it along with the foam pad, but plan to faze out using it and stay with just the foam pad.

I am going order the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve on my new Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018. and the Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018 needs AIR Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve 

10:49 a.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

TheRambler said:

Looks like you have a built in pillow! Kinda cool...unless it leaks. Either contact big anges and get a replacement or do so through camp saver, either way you shouldnt have an issue. New products can always fail, that is why we test them and try them out before a long trip especially. Def don't want that surprise come bed time on the trail.

I am already using the Nemo Fillo Pillow with the Thermarest Small Pillow and I have emailed campsaver and Big Agnes on Sunday morning before I have Posted here and I have Read Reviews on the BA Two Track Core Sleeping Pad and I have asked questions Adventure Cycling Associations Forums and Two Spokes Forums and there was no YouTube Videos. and I really think that online Backpacking gear stores do not let 1 star or 2 star Reviews. and I am asking for a refund at Campsaver and going back to Thermarest that is Made in the USA. and I am going to Order the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve on my new Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018

1:58 p.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
192 reviewer rep
36 forum posts

Sorry to hear the gear failed you.

FYI, stuff has a habit of breaking and wearing out... that'll happen lots if you do things with it a lot.

Have gone through five or six inflatables of various brands, and yet, I refuse to get upset and wave my hands around like they should be indestructible - waste of energy. I send the item back and it's fixed, and after a while, if I've used the **** out of the item, I decide whether it's worth buying a new one or moving on to a different model or different brand. I have no issues with gear breaking and wearing out due to reasonable expectations. Stuff that's made ANYWHERE can have flaws. Companies usually fix it for me without issues.

I'm out 50 - 100 nights every year, with trail crew, with groups of backpackers, and I wear out clothing, gear, and cars - this is the way it goes. Not going to fuss much when something breaks... you pick yourself up and accept that, and move on. Get the gear that works best for you for what you want to do with it. 

The 100+ year old crosscut saws I use are still sharp and cut well, when you take good care of them -- but they are made of STEEL. You don't get perfect performance out of plastics. That's the tradeoff. Light, functional, but only to a point. 

5:54 p.m. on March 5, 2018 (EST)
67 reviewer rep
334 forum posts

Years ago, foam pads arrived and were hailed as superior to the leak prone air mattresses available the.  I have been using them ever since, with no problems whatsoever.  Nice R value ratings (often used two on snow in sub zero weather) and fail safe.  Carved one up on one occasion when we encountered a climbing injury which required a cervical collar. Try that with an air mattress!

It would seem that today's air mattresses still obey the timeless laws of physics - only they are more expensive.

6:35 a.m. on March 6, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

I have very good news from Campsaver.com/

I was able to get a Free UPS Shipping lable
For my Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2 that started to pop pop pop pop after putting in Air with a Big Bubble

I have request a full refund for the defective
Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad and I am going to be ordering the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2

1:29 p.m. on March 6, 2018 (EST)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

Lori Pontious said:

Sorry to hear the gear failed you.

FYI, stuff has a habit of breaking and wearing out... that'll happen lots if you do things with it a lot.

Have gone through five or six inflatables of various brands, and yet, I refuse to get upset and wave my hands around like they should be indestructible - waste of energy. I send the item back and it's fixed, and after a while, if I've used the **** out of the item, I decide whether it's worth buying a new one or moving on to a different model or different brand. I have no issues with gear breaking and wearing out due to reasonable expectations. Stuff that's made ANYWHERE can have flaws. Companies usually fix it for me without issues.

I'm out 50 - 100 nights every year, with trail crew, with groups of backpackers, and I wear out clothing, gear, and cars - this is the way it goes. Not going to fuss much when something breaks... you pick yourself up and accept that, and move on. Get the gear that works best for you for what you want to do with it. 

The 100+ year old crosscut saws I use are still sharp and cut well, when you take good care of them -- but they are made of STEEL. You don't get perfect performance out of plastics. That's the tradeoff. Light, functional, but only to a point. 

I have very good news from Campsaver.com/

I was able to get a Free UPS Shipping lable
For my Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2 that started to pop pop pop pop after putting in Air with a Big Bubble

I have request a full refund for the defective
Big Agnes Two Track Core Sleeping Pad and I am going to be ordering the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad regular Rectangular 72x20x2

4:09 p.m. on March 6, 2018 (EST)
192 reviewer rep
36 forum posts

Good for you. Me, I went FROM Thermarest products, to Big Agnes, and then onward to Exped.

Happy trails.

11:22 a.m. on March 14, 2018 (EDT)
25 reviewer rep
3,391 forum posts

For the first 10 years we slept on the ground.  The old white ensolite pads were a big step forward.  The early Thermorest pads had brass valves.  I really like the Thermorest Base Camp pads but they are heavy.  I use them for boat trips and truck camping.  Now for cold weather I use a lightweight Big Agnes and put the ensolite on top of it. It is still lighter than the Base Camp. 

4:30 a.m. on March 16, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,088 forum posts

In warm weather I just use an air mattress.  If it fails a reasonably comfortable bed can be fashioned from soft items in my pack.  On cold trips I add a winter grade blue foam -pad.  The foam pad provides good insulation, and is fail safe, should the air mat fail me.

I have used the same air mattress (Thermarest ProLite) for twelve years without issue.  But I take REAL good care of it.  Don't over tighten the valve, always use a ground cloth and avoid exposure to direct sun.  Transport rolled in a storage sack and store unrolled with the valve open.

Ed 

11:58 a.m. on March 16, 2018 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
11 forum posts

whomeworry said:

In warm weather I just use an air mattress.  If it fails a reasonably comfortable bed can be fashioned from soft items in my pack.  On cold trips I add a winter grade blue foam -pad.  The foam pad provides good insulation, and is fail safe, should the air mat fail me.

I have used the same air mattress (Thermarest ProLite) for twelve years without issue.  But I take REAL good care of it.  Don't over tighten the valve, always use a ground cloth and avoid exposure to direct sun.  Transport rolled in a storage sack and store unrolled with the valve open.

Ed 

I am going order the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve on my new Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018. and the Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2018 needs AIR Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 for inside the Sleeping pad Sleeve and for My old Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2012 I am using using the Big Agnes Encampment sleeping bag 2012 inside the Sleeping pad sleeve is the Thermarest Trail Pro Sleeping Pad 72x20x2 mummy shape.  and I am been using the Thermarest Trail Pro Sleeping Pad 72x20x2 mummy shape since 7-2007. and the Thermarest Base Camp Sleeping Pad Regular Rectangular 72x20x2 fits in my budget on a fixed income. and I got a refund from Campsaver for the BA Two Track Sleeping pad

September 22, 2018
Quick Reply