Atta boy KELTY

10:08 p.m. on May 9, 2018 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
521 forum posts

Called Kelty about a replacement pole for my Kelty Trail Dome 4 tent pole, which had 2 broken sections.

Well I told their rep what had happened and that it was completely our fault and was told that it was out of production but that their repair facility Exxel Outdoors in Alabama would repair it. I asked the cost and and the Kelty rep said free, and I responded It was our fault. He said its just a service they offer and just mail it to them when they contact me, which was the same day. I FED/EXed a few days later and got it back today. Good as new!!!

All in 7 days total!

Great Job and much appreciated

KELTY & Exxel Outdoors

P.S all reps were excellent and Friendly 

2:41 a.m. on May 10, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

Nice................I've had that kind of service from Marmot and TNF.  A couple of months ago I sent in a 40 year old TNF Oval Intention and they replaced the door/screen zippers on the body of the tent, no questions asked...........on the same order they replaced a cracking........cloudy widow on the fly of a VE25, again no questions asked and sent me four foam spacers to boot.

6:01 a.m. on May 11, 2018 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,419 forum posts

apeman said:

"cloudy widow on the fly of a VE25, again no questions asked and sent me four foam spacers to boot."

I don't remember VE25s having a window.. ..or were there variants on the VE25?

Ed

10:34 a.m. on May 11, 2018 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,974 forum posts

There is a reason there are still so many Kelty external frame packs on the trail. 

6:02 p.m. on May 11, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,415 forum posts

whomeworry said:

apeman said:

"cloudy widow on the fly of a VE25, again no questions asked and sent me four foam spacers to boot."

I don't remember VE25s having a window.. ..or were there variants on the VE25?

Ed

Hey ED,

There have been so many versions/incarnations/additions to the VE25 over the nearly 35+ years of it's existence that it's hard to keep up with all the changes.  I believe that this VE25 has a Summit Series body. The fly I believe is a early version Summit Series fly as all of the tags in the body match the fly, but they fly itself does not have the Summit Series logo, rather it has the standard large black logo.  This  particular tent/fly was made in Korea and finished in China.  The fly has a 4x10 in. and 5x8i n. window on the fly.  I believe that the 4x8 window in the fly is over the top vent/opening of the tent body while the 5x10 is in the vestibule.  The window in the vestibule is tapered being 3.5 in wide at one end and 5.25 wide at the other.  I think the Summit Series came out in 2013, beefed up DAC poles and snow skirt on the fly.  I picked this one up in the fall of 2016 for $125.

Definitely a VE25:

DSC04140.jpg

4x8 in. windowDSC04138.jpg
10x5~3.5 inch window.

DSC04147.jpg
Summit Series Logo.

DSC04146.jpg

11:46 p.m. on May 20, 2018 (EDT)
110 reviewer rep
82 forum posts

I’ve had my Kelty external frame backpack since about 1983.  The zipper on a side broke, I sent it to their Alabama repair shop and it was done in no time for free, just had to pay shipping.  When it came back I opened it up and the smell of the pack brought years of memories.  I love that old pack and still use it.

9:34 p.m. on July 31, 2018 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

Kelty sent me replacement hip belts and shoulder straps for a couple of packs, all free of charge.  I was very impressed.

November 19, 2019
Quick Reply