Moss Encore

8:29 p.m. on October 6, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Hello Can you folks tell me where to look to get replacement tubes for my Moss Encore tent. I have a couple sections that are cracked and are in need of replacing. I would like to get these fixed within a couple of weeks.

Seeing a few posts, Are Moss tents becoming collector items?


11:36 a.m. on October 7, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts


In looking into this further I have found a company that can supply the tent tubes. I have ordered a complete tube to replace the damaged one.

(Unfortunatley they no longer make 19" sections so... it will be slightly different I'll keep the old just in case I can find a replacement section of the same size)

TentPole Technologies, LLC

12607 NE 95th St. Suite A-109
Vancouver, WA 98682

11:52 p.m. on October 8, 2009 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,902 forum posts

Moss tents are collector's items. I think there are some old threads here about them. Bill Moss sold the recreational part of his company years ago. Moss tents show up on eBay or Craigslist once in a while.

10:33 p.m. on October 11, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
8 forum posts

Yes, I have now learned... A member was very helpful in providing me with MOSS information. I am going to use it for my annual bow hunt. Afterwards, I will be passing it along to tent repair to give it a look over fixing anything that may need some attention.

I'll be putting up my Moss Encore up on ebay in the spring. I'll pick up another USA made tent perhaps the Hogback by Tarptent. I'd rather see it fall into a collectors hand. Perhaps it will be around for another 20 years. It has treated me well ;)


November 19, 2018
Quick Reply

Please sign in to reply

More Topics
This forum: Older: Tent Poles Newer: Moss tent question (2 man - Stargazer?)
All forums: Older: GPS receivers revisited Newer: LNT Fire Disc