Moment DW as a 4 season tent

8:19 p.m. on December 13, 2014 (EST)
954 reviewer rep
667 forum posts

I got a Moment DW last summer and modded it for heavy duty winter use.

1. Crossing pole cut 5 3/8" and run INSIDE the fly. This X-ing pole is held in place with double-sided Velcro cord wraps sewn inside the fly at the outer X-ing pole strap reinforcements. This pole placement gives the fly much more support for snow loads and heavy winds.

2. Groossgrain nylon ribbon stake loops sewn at 4 equidistant points around the bottom hem of the fly. This is for keeping the fly from flapping a lot in severe winds.

3. Four pre-prepared Triptease guy lines with end hooks and Line Loc sliding tensioners for guy lines - 2 for the main hoop guy loops, 2 for the end canopy guy loops.

If I have problems with the poles being too wimpy in heavy winds I'll replace them with heavier duty poles from Tentpole Technologies. I did that with the main pole when "winterizing" my Scarp 2.

6:32 p.m. on December 14, 2014 (EST)
1,753 reviewer rep
3,956 forum posts

Would love to see a photo 300winmag!

2:11 p.m. on December 15, 2014 (EST)
954 reviewer rep
667 forum posts

OK, I'll look them up and post on this thread.

4:10 a.m. on December 16, 2014 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
2,765 reviewer rep
1,638 forum posts

Good ole innovation. I like it! Pics or it didn't happen!

July 19, 2019
Quick Reply