Canopy net...

11:27 a.m. on April 21, 2015 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
300 forum posts

Hi everyone...

I was wondering if any of you have used one of those lightweight net canopies in a larger tent.  I was looking for a net tent for my Pyramid tent and after seeing a canopy net I thought that it may fit the bill..

So these are simple and lightweight, and cheap.  If you could get a size that would fit your tent, it should just hang from the top and drape down the sides. You would need to be able to tie it back against the sides of the tent somewhat but that should not be hard.  I don't care about a floor, and would just use it for when the bugs are bad.  Even if the sides of the tent were up for ventilation, it would still give you bug protection.

Curious is all....I hate to add a bunch of weigh to my setup, or have a situation where I am forced to sit in a tiny net tent inside my nice BIG pyramid when I could enjoy the space better.

I could just buy a MLD Supermid with a perimeter net, but like I said...my tent is fine...just lacks a little bug prevention.

Snakey 

3:08 a.m. on April 22, 2015 (EDT)
1,977 reviewer rep
362 forum posts

Try the Sea2Summit pyramid insect netting inners, or companies like Six Moon Designs sell matched inner net tents and tarps separately so you could just get the inner.

11:36 a.m. on April 22, 2015 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
300 forum posts

JRinGeorgia said:

Try the Sea2Summit pyramid insect netting inners, or companies like Six Moon Designs sell matched inner net tents and tarps separately so you could just get the inner.

Yep...seen all those.  I mentioned the canopy tent as it would give me a bug free space for the whole tent, not just a small spot near the floor.  I will probably have someone add an 18" net strip on the edges, if I can find someone to do it locally.  The Serenity net tent is pretty cool though, and I may just go that way for awhile.

Thanks 

May 27, 2019
Quick Reply