Hike pack help

8:55 a.m. on February 20, 2016 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Hi guys,

I was wondering if someone has had any experience with a Ckayk Scout Highlander hike pack before, it's a russian pack which means I can't find any reviews or anything on it online so I was wondering anyone has used it before.

Quite interested in buying one so any details would be helpful.

Thanks in advance :)

8:44 p.m. on February 20, 2016 (EST)
244 reviewer rep
5,340 forum posts

Is that spelled Ckayk or Kayak?

11:05 p.m. on February 20, 2016 (EST)
1,977 reviewer rep
362 forum posts

Rorku said:

Quite interested in buying one

Why?

With so many packs by so many manufacturers that do have specs and reviews available, what is the appeal of this particular pack? What is unique about it?

It very well may be a great pack, but my first inclination is to think it does not have an advantage over the plethora of available choices.

P.S. Gary it is indeed Ckayk.

5:16 p.m. on February 22, 2016 (EST)
273 reviewer rep
1,919 forum posts

I did a search and all I got was what the 2 packs they have look like..No reviews like you stated..I am wondering if it's just a pack put out by just an outdoor store in Russia like some Kelty's here to chains...

9:56 a.m. on February 23, 2016 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
60 forum posts

I agree with JR. More than once I have picked out packs here on this site, liked the pictures and reviews, then made a trip to a town where I could try one on and hated it when I did. A pack may look cool, but you can't see it when it's on your back. To my way of thinking, it's a good idea to try on as many packs as you can in the size you want. Some places will even put some weight in them for you. Then choose your pack based on fit and comfort. 

May 24, 2019
Quick Reply