Missing tent poles

5:18 p.m. on April 2, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,336 forum posts

I was just going through my camping gear and cannot find my tent poles and stakes for my Kelty Salida 2 tent. Last time I used it was on a 5 day backpacking trip in the Tetons in September. I am sure I would have packed them up when I hiked out? But they are no where to be seen.

I emailed Kelty today asking how much a new set of poles would cost?

Only other thing I can imagine ,is I had many cyclists stay with me this summer and fall, maybe someone accidently packed my poles with their gear? But seems like they would have found them and sent me a message and I would have gotten them back?

12:28 a.m. on April 3, 2016 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
369 forum posts

I see that they are standard poles , no hubs or anything like that.

If by any chance Kelty can't help you you can get them from Tent Pole Technologies or Quest Outfitters.

12:39 p.m. on April 3, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,336 forum posts

I see they (Tent Pole Tech) ask for pole diameter and how many section's? Never paid attention to those detail's. 

5:54 p.m. on April 3, 2016 (EDT)
BRAND REP
0 reviewer rep
369 forum posts

They are 9mm poles but I don't know the tot length.

Kelty should be able to tell you that.

Quest will sell you individual sections, tips and shock cord so that you can make those poles up yourself. (Easton 355 (0.355") = 9mm )

They are easy to cut with a Dremel or hack saw (to get the exact size you need...)

9:57 p.m. on April 3, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,336 forum posts

Hmm, okay Franco. I will definitely them before I leave here. 

1:51 p.m. on April 4, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,336 forum posts

Thanks again Franco,

I contacted Kelty but they don't have any spare poles, So I contacted Tent Pole Tech and ordered two poles at $36 each and they will be sent Priority mail ASAP. 

March 24, 2019
Quick Reply