I'm trying to make a wind resistant ultrlight underquilt, good to around 30 degrees, and I have a few questions.
1. What is the best shell material available? External layer, and internal layer. Argon .67 has been recommended on a few pages that I'v read. Does anyone have any experience?
2. Would baffles made of mesh/mosquito net material cut weight, and still hold the down in place effectively enough?
3. How much 850 fp down to fill a full sized underquilt to the 30 degree limit?
4. What kind of thread is best? UV treated polyester?
5. Any other ideas/suggestions?