MacCat Tarps

3:04 p.m. on October 19, 2016 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
300 forum posts

Hey everyone...

I found this tarp called the MacCat made by Ourdoor Equipment Supplier and wanted to know if any of you own product by them.  I emailed him a couple of times with no reply so I don't know if he is in business or not.  I am interested in his 4 season tarp but hate to order something when no one responds to email.  I only ask because sometimes these cottage industry companies take off time to do hikes.

Thanks

Snakey 

9:45 p.m. on October 19, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,962 forum posts

Snakey no..Just did a search on them and saw the website..I have emailed Cottage industry and got reply's in max 4 days...So how long since you emailed them? 

10:50 p.m. on October 19, 2016 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
300 forum posts

A month....

5:41 a.m. on October 20, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,962 forum posts

I say send one more Email and give them a week to answer and then look for a new tarp company...Mountain Laurel Designs is good...Most cottage company's when they have long wait times post that and when they will be out of the office..

6:33 a.m. on October 20, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,083 reviewer rep
1,552 forum posts

No phone number? With today's email systems and overly sophisticated spam filters, I can never feel sure my email has reached someone without a call if they don't respond.

9:19 a.m. on October 20, 2016 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
300 forum posts

Thanks...

I really liked their 4 season tarp but they say on the website that it will be available this fall (discontinued for season) as they are doing a new design.  I emailed them to see if the change was minor or more complex as really liked it the way it was.  I want the 4 season because it closes up on the ends. No phone number means I need to look elsewhere.

Snakey

7:10 a.m. on October 31, 2016 (EDT)
2,780 reviewer rep
1,638 forum posts

I have heard a lot of good talk about mccat tarps, though that was several years back. Been radio silence since it seems like. If you don't get a response might I suggest you look at Warbonnet. I have the Superfly which is their 4 season tarp and I absolutely love it.

I have like 6 or 7 years on mine now and I use it on nearly every single one of my backpacking trips. You can either buy the model with the doors permenantly attached or buy whatever the other model is called and a door kit.

Brandon from Warbonnet has always been great about responding very quickly anytime I have contacted him. I've ordered several hammocks and tarps over the years from him and couldn't be happier.

April 4, 2020
Quick Reply