Costco Down Quilts

6:49 p.m. on November 3, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,565 reviewer rep
1,015 forum posts

Just a head ups for anyone that missed them last time. The Double Black Diamond down quilts are back in stock. My local Costco had a whole display of them. I got one at the end of last year and used it all summer as a lightweight summer bag. It was pretty easy to sewn in a footbox and you can't beat the $30 price tag. I might invest in another one just to tinker around with. Definitely worth checking out.

11:34 p.m. on November 3, 2016 (EDT)
1,967 reviewer rep
351 forum posts

$30? They were $20 last year.

6:39 a.m. on November 4, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,565 reviewer rep
1,015 forum posts

Sorry, that's Canadian!

1:36 p.m. on November 4, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,637 forum posts

Good idea.

11:38 a.m. on November 5, 2016 (EDT)
271 reviewer rep
1,912 forum posts

There's one guy selling them on a  facebook gear site for 35 sown into top quilt....Not a bad price and I think their good for 50 degree's from what someone said,

8:48 p.m. on November 18, 2016 (EST)
929 reviewer rep
635 forum posts

My daughter bought one in California and when I was it I snagged ours in Las Vegas. $20. is an amazing price for 700 fill duck down. (Gotta be duck down at that price.)

Hey. drape one over your sleeping bag on a night when it's going to be a bit colder than your bag's limit. A couple of light elastic cord loops should keep it in place. Or put inside your bag.

And at $20. I'm getting two more for my sister and brother-in-law for Christmas (excuse me, "The Holiday Season" ;o). 

8:22 p.m. on November 20, 2016 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,025 forum posts

They were cheap enough that I decided to get one just to try out. The label says 700 fill down (no mention of what kind of down). The company making them is Blue Ridge Home Fashions, with the shell being 54% polyester and 46% nylon. The material is sewn-through 5-inch squares that when fluffed up are about 3/4 inch thick, about the same as my NanoPuff jacket.  

I gave the quilt a try last summer sleeping out on a typical California summer night.  It ain't warm. It might be warm enough if you are carrying an ultralight tent and camping below 6000 or so feet in the Sierra during the summer, maybe hiking the Muir Trail. 

February 22, 2019
Quick Reply