Sierra Madre Research quilts

9:34 a.m. on March 23, 2017 (EDT)
227 reviewer rep
20 forum posts

Hey TS community,

Just saw this new kickstarter for 0° & 30° top and bottom quilts by Sierra Madre Research.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sierra-madre/inferno-a-cocoon-of-warmth-for-your-hammock.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with their gear? Looks like some quality stuff and the price isn't bad either. Considering upgrading my warm weather hammock quilts with the 30° system. 

I currently have the Hennessey expedition asym zip with the super shelter and a therma rest 30° top quilt. The smr is boasting all 800 fill power which would be a huge upgrade I think.

I'd be interested to see other trailspace community thoughts on this.

5:35 p.m. on March 23, 2017 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,419 forum posts

Upgrade?  Unless I am getting a significant boost in performance or meaningful reduction in weight, I usually use my current gear until worn out.  Most of the time I need to budget for replacements thereof, but don't mind upgrading while I am at it.

Now if you just happen to have coin burning a hole in your pocket and need to get rid of it, I'll PM you my data and you can send it to me!

Ed

November 18, 2019
Quick Reply