Is Mammut clothing any good?

4:30 p.m. on October 14, 2017 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Wanting to buy a new Gore-tex hardshell and have seen a nice Mammut jacket. I know nothing about Mammut and was wondering if anyone could enlighten me with regards their quality and comparative alternatives if they feel they are not up to scratch. Like

7:17 p.m. on October 14, 2017 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
7,665 reviewer rep
2,334 forum posts

It is a leading brand in Europe. only caution would be European sizing - jackets sometimes run narrow. RAB and Montane also make quality waterproof/breathable shells, and for both of those brands, I have had to size up to XXL.  

7:24 p.m. on October 14, 2017 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
4,534 reviewer rep
6,037 forum posts

My wife has 2 Mammut jackets for several years and has worn them a lot in cold climates and winter conditions. She often picks them over some of the Patagonia gear she has.

9:02 a.m. on October 15, 2017 (EDT)
2,780 reviewer rep
1,638 forum posts

They make good solid gear in my experience. Wouldn't hesitate to use it.

5:32 p.m. on October 15, 2017 (EDT)
148 reviewer rep
118 forum posts

I have fleece vest I picked up at Salvation army. A little tight and short for a large but the stitching and zippers are holding up well. 

8:55 p.m. on October 15, 2017 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER
354 reviewer rep
147 forum posts

TheRambler said:

They make good solid gear in my experience. Wouldn't hesitate to use it.

X2

8:04 a.m. on October 16, 2017 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
2,008 reviewer rep
4,462 forum posts

Like anything, fit, preferences, and budget is personal, but yes, Mammut is a well regarded brand. In my experience the fit may be snugger than what you're used to.

https://www.trailspace.com/gear/mammut/

3:55 a.m. on November 8, 2017 (EST)
125 reviewer rep
3,521 forum posts

I have a LW pair of Mammut goretex rain pants.  They suit me fine, but had to add suspenders because the elastic waist band was too loose for summer use (I purchase shell garments oversize to accommodate insulating layers).

Ed

April 5, 2020
Quick Reply