Steep and Cheap Merchandise

5:29 p.m. on March 27, 2019 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

tI have read posts about people being dissatisfied about their customer service.  Wondering if anyone had any issues with their merchandise? The sunglasses I ordered are apparently not manufactured by the company and I question if the merchandise is counterfeit.  These items are being sold for less than half of the manufacturer cost or in other stores.  How can this possibly be?  Anyone else have the same thought?

7:01 p.m. on March 27, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
275 forum posts

I NEVER got satisfaction or my money's worth out of a pair of Irish Setter Elk Hunter boots. Pros; they were warm and comfortable but, con, both boots squeaked terribly and the only fix was, maybe, to replace the soles and that wasn't a sure thing/fix and a ridiculous expense on new boots.  The company could have cared less. I donated them to the Salvation Army after a year.

7:41 p.m. on March 27, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
1,300 reviewer rep
407 forum posts

Steep and Cheap is Backcountry’s closeout/overstock/liquidation outlet, but sometimes you can find the same gear at Backcountry for less. Sometimes that’s due to free shipping, but I always check both places before ordering. I’ve never had a bad experience at SAC, and I’ve ordered quite a bit of stuff there over the past 5 or 6 years. 

October 22, 2019
Quick Reply