682 forum posts
Let me start with listing my current 3 season "Big Three" UL gear:
1. PACK-> Osprey EXOS 58, Large
2. TENT-> Tarptent Moment DW solo tent
3. SLEEP SYSTEM-> bag- Western Mountaineering overstuffed Megalite (20 F.)
mattress- REI FLASH Insulated regular mummy shape & Sea to Summit inflation dry bag.
So... not bad for UL weight and very well used except the newer REI FLASH mattress. But I COULD get a lighter internal frame pack by maybe 8 to 10 oz. and I COULD get the new Tarptent AEON Li Dyneema solo tent (1 lb.) and lighten up another 1 lb.
My sleep system is about as light as I can get with the comfort I demand. I eschew quilts.
COOK KIT-> Brunton CRUX foldable canister-top burner, 3 cup aluminum pot & "single use pie pan" DIY lid (I won't use a mug for cooking. Too fuel inefficient & won't fit my alternate stove a Sidewinder Ti cone stove for using ESBIT fuel.)
CLOTHING-> pants and shirts are light polyester or nylon, shoes Merrill Moab low cut, RAIN GEAR-> is REI Kimtah eVent parka and pants (1 lb. each)
* I may get the AEON Li solo tent if it ever comes out in a colored fly. Can't abide translucent Dyneema flys.
* So yeah, I could get lighter (& less durable ) WPB rain gear but that's about all I can do for now to lighten up.
Have or would you go for the expense of a Dyneema pack and solo tent?
Any other suggestions to lighten my load? (And wallet!)