Anyone with Experience with SnowTrek snowshoes?

2:15 p.m. on September 8, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
275 forum posts

I just acquired a new never used pair of of 14x30s of ash/rawhide Canadian made SnowTrek bearpaws...with nylon type bindings. I think they are out of business. They look  as solid as any other wooden shoes I/ve owned/own...are they?

Did the company die because/when  the newer style shoes become popular?

3rd pair [different styles/different companies] in a month I bumped into cheap and bought.

8:57 p.m. on September 8, 2019 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER
301 reviewer rep
142 forum posts

Could you show a picture of them I think I might have the same pair. I order some as we call them Traditional Snowshoes from Faber last year but their bear paw shoes were different  

9:02 p.m. on September 8, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
275 forum posts

Sorry, I can't post a photo presently. I'd love to show off my growing collection of snowshoes...I think I have 8pr. now.

8:54 p.m. on September 12, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
275 forum posts

Old Guide said:

Sorry, I can't post a photo presently. I'd love to show off my growing collection of snowshoes...I think I have 8pr. now.

Correction...I have 9 pair[3 wood, Wilcox and Williams Ojibwa, Faber Beavertail and the Snowtrek Bearpaw], 5 modern metal [Garneau, Tubbs, Red Feather, 2 Yukon Charlie], 1 plastic/nylon-Brit Military].

All work well somewhere in proper conditions when not overloaded.

I do prefer toe cups.

I wish I had all the others I've let go over the years.

7:54 p.m. on September 13, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER
1,300 reviewer rep
407 forum posts

Including ones I’ve bought recently but haven‘t received yet, I have 9 pairs of modern snowshoes - 3 GV, 3 Louis Garneau, 2 MSR, and 1 Tubbs. 30” & 36” are my most-used sizes and I broke both pairs last year, so this year I’ll have 2 pairs of each just in case. And a loaner 36” pair, as well as a couple women’s/unisex. 

I had a pair of bear paws when I was younger but I’m just too lazy to do the maintenance. Plus I love my hills & mountains and traditional ‘shoes don’t do as well there. 

5:57 p.m. on September 22, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
275 forum posts

And no one knows about Snowtreks? Amazing.

12:04 a.m. on September 23, 2019 (EDT)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER
301 reviewer rep
142 forum posts

Sorry like you I have many pairs. 8 some I know the origins some I do not. 

October 23, 2019
Quick Reply