2 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup butter melted

2 cups all purpose flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/4cup instant coffee

1/4 cup milk or heavy cream

1 cup pecans chopped

1/2 cup choc chips

preheath oven to 325 f. Lighly grease a 13x9 inch pan.Beat eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. 

add sugar vanilla butter beating to combine, Stir in flour and salt. Set aside 

1 1/2 cups of batter. Stir the coffee crustals and cream and add the remaining batter. Spread the coffee batter into the backing pan.

add the choc chips to the reserved batter and spoon over the coffee batter. Run a knife through both batters to have a marble effect, Sprinkle with pecans. 

Bake for 20-25 mins until center is firm and set. Cool before cutting into bars. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Store in the freezer.

Looks good! I might have to try it.

I walked into a stand up in Italy one morning and ordered a latte. 

The lady asked "Caldo?".  "Si" I replied. 

I got a cup of warm milk.

BigRed said:

Looks good! I might have to try it.

Never hurts to try a new bar. This came from a thru hiker on the PCT

Yum!

Here's my updated version, with more chocolate, nuts, and cream for about 300 calories per bar if divided into 20 bars (but next time I might go for a square brownie format). I use weight instead of volume except for vanilla and salt, so I may not have updated some of the volumes. Still only about 4.1 cal/g because they are a little moist.

Screen-Shot-2021-08-20-at-1-29-33-PM.png

Enjoy!

Although i am not a fan of chocolate in my bars,  you had me at adding coffee :)   Just went to the market last night and picked myself up a bag of walnuts and looking forward to trying out this recipe :)  Might add dried cranberries instead of the choc chips  less you have  a better suggestion as I am just winging it.

July 3, 2022
Quick Reply