Trailspace on a family test session

11:03 a.m. on February 9, 2016 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,404 reviewer rep
1,462 forum posts

IMG_5644a.jpg
No heavy woolen hat needed when you are playing draft horse so it was a perfect morning to take the TS cap out for some fresh air. My daughter has been a big help in testing out the pulk I've been working on, though she says next year she wants snowshoes of her own. Also being tested on this trip for upcoming reviews were the OR gaiters you can see and some insulated boots hidden under that snow I've been trying out for the RC.

2:23 p.m. on February 9, 2016 (EST)
3,173 reviewer rep
2,255 forum posts

awesome! If I ever make it up that way I fully expect you to pull me to camp.

8:14 p.m. on February 9, 2016 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
1,684 reviewer rep
4,186 forum posts

Excellent! Thanks for sharing the picture (yay for some snow!) and the pulk.

I bet your daughter will have many fond memories of time spent with you outdoors.

6:01 a.m. on February 12, 2016 (EST)
8,404 reviewer rep
1,462 forum posts

We can probably work something out Patrick, but I really hope your plan is to come when we have snow. Dragging you down the trail in July sounds like it would be hard on both of us :)

11:01 a.m. on February 12, 2016 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
1,684 reviewer rep
4,186 forum posts

LoneStranger said:

We can probably work something out Patrick, but I really hope your plan is to come when we have snow. Dragging you down the trail in July sounds like it would be hard on both of us :)

I'd like to see a picture or video of that though.

12:40 a.m. on February 19, 2016 (EST)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
10,476 reviewer rep
447 forum posts

The sled looks like it came together nice, LS! Interested in sharing some of your design engineering? 

4:49 p.m. on February 19, 2016 (EST)
8,404 reviewer rep
1,462 forum posts

I have been documenting my process Sean, but haven't put anything up online about it yet. I created the traces from fiberglass rods sold for holding up young trees by threading the ends and screwing on the hardware. The harness is a cheap molle vest which makes connecting traces easy and lets me hang my Aarn front packs so I don't have to disconnect and go back to the sled for water or snacks.

I still need to mount the front brackets on the sled and some metal reinforcements along the side rails so I can run eyebolts through for attachment points. Just got back from three days of hauling winter gear on my back in the Pemi and kept wishing the sled was ready. Especially last night when it got down close to zero and I didn't have my Baffins along :)

August 21, 2019
Quick Reply