TS still in Norway after all these years

8:53 a.m. on May 22, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,541 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

Alicia sent me a new beanie to add to my collection of Trailspace swag and it's now my new favorite (until the next hat comes along...). Here's a selfie from Daltind in the Lyngen Alps a few weeks ago.

IMG_0792-1-.jpg

And while we're at it here's one with two TS hats on top of Skjorta, a ways SW of Trondheim:
IMG_0832.jpg

As always, I'm hoping to keep the ski season going until my birthday in early June...

9:05 p.m. on May 22, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,740 reviewer rep
1,378 forum posts

Always great to see photos from our international members. It looks incredible out there!

11:01 a.m. on May 23, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,934 forum posts

I am in Awe every time I see your pictures of Norway...

11:37 a.m. on May 23, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,162 forum posts

I am also always happy to see pictures from Norway too, BigRed! It is on my list of places I really want to go.

This weekend I was talking to friends and found out they're going to Norway for two weeks this summer with their kids and will hiking hut-to-hut for much of that time. I thought that sounded fantastic.

8:04 a.m. on May 24, 2016 (EDT)
4,541 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

Now is a good time because the dollar is relatively strong against the krone, but unfortunately it is still pretty expensive. But kids below a certain age can stay at huts for free, and "youths" up to age 26 usually get half price, so it starts to make sense for families. I think huts have been instrumental in giving our kids access to and positive attitudes towards the outdoors.

Our hut2hut website is offline -- got contaminated by some bot or something so we will have to revive it using a new server.

11:26 a.m. on May 25, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,162 forum posts

It's great that you have the hut system in such a great place to get outside. But, more importantly, it's great that your family has used and appreciated it.

1:59 p.m. on June 6, 2016 (EDT)
4,541 reviewer rep
1,072 forum posts

Here's one more from yesterday, my 62nd birthday, on Breitind above Romsdalen. I had a beautiful birthday weekend -- two days of cloudless weather, ascents and ski descents of two beautiful mountains with my daughter Molly, her boyfriend Audun, friend Christophe and his son Niels. Most likely my last ski days of the season, it's time to gear up for hiking and canoeing -- oh, and a half marathon next weekend!
IMG_5168.jpg

July 16, 2019
Quick Reply