IMG_7157.jpg

IMG_7004.jpg

IMG_7014.jpg

12:06 p.m. on July 19, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,254 forum posts

Nice, Alan!

Thanks for sharing these pictures. I hope it was a great trip to Isle Royale. I've never been in that area.

-Alicia

11:00 a.m. on July 20, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

Isle Royale is great.  I had not been there since the late 80's and hope to get back again soon.

4:09 p.m. on July 21, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I and a group of cousins and friends (about seven of us) hiked Isle Royale back in 1969! We had the whole place to ourselves, according to the park ranger.  Loved it!  I hope to return to see how it has changed. 

2:46 p.m. on July 22, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Isle Royale is one of the most special places I have visited.  Is was, and might still be, the National Park that has the same number of visitors in a season as Yellowstone does in a day.  It is worth the trip for those who love places that are not crowded, surrounded by water, have craggy hikes, often loads of mosquitoes and black flies and the most wonderful night skies possible.

3:47 p.m. on July 23, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,156 forum posts

A park ranger told me Isle Royale is the least visited national park and the most revisited national park.  Something about it makes one long to go back.  The deterrent is getting to and from is a headache in having to work your schedule around the ferry schedule.

December 11, 2019
Quick Reply