TS on one of Alicia's favorite peaks

8:43 a.m. on February 2, 2020 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
9,709 reviewer rep
1,576 forum posts

DSC05157.jpg
The TS green beanie was the perfect hat for climbing on a morning that started at 1°F in camp. Needed a lot more clothes up top so this look didn't last long heh.

DSC05165.jpg
Summit wear :)

5:55 a.m. on February 3, 2020 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
4,056 reviewer rep
1,546 forum posts

Nice LS! Got to keep adjusting layers.

I never knew cookie monster inhabited the mountains. 

11:00 a.m. on February 3, 2020 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
2,008 reviewer rep
4,456 forum posts

Nice! That looks like a bluebird day, LoneStranger. (Does that make you the bluebird?)

So I'm pretty sure this was on East Baldpate in Grafton Notch.

What day did you go up?

How deep was the snow? As you know, it's a disappointingly low-snow year here in Maine right now.

11:04 a.m. on February 3, 2020 (EST)
9,709 reviewer rep
1,576 forum posts

Cookies might have been a good idea. After the cold night and morning everything was frozen solid. Not sure of the temp up there, but it was painful cold even without wind. Cheese, sausage & tortillas would have had to thaw out in my shirt for a while before eating. Even the trail mix was hard to crunch through. Cookies, or donuts as the mountaineers used, would have been perfect :)

Since I didn't have cookies and the donuts were back in camp I descended and made lasagna for a late lunch.

11:06 a.m. on February 3, 2020 (EST)
9,709 reviewer rep
1,576 forum posts

East is behind me while I am standing on West. I spent two nights at the shelter last week. Super cold, but amazing blue sky the entire three days. Lots of pics. I may put together a TR, but I have lots of review stuff that needs doing heh.

11:44 a.m. on February 3, 2020 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF TOP 25 REVIEWER
2,008 reviewer rep
4,456 forum posts

Apparently you got up there before the temps warmed up at the end of the week. It looks beautiful though.

Hopefully we'll get some more snow in February.

April 2, 2020
Quick Reply