hiking Idaho

10:13 p.m. on September 30, 2014 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
57 forum posts

Looking for some super easy hikes in Idaho.  Probably not even backpacking, just day hikes.  My boyfriend had a major back surgery this summer and I don't think he's back to where he was before surgery, but we will be in the area in November.  (too late?)  And I'm not even sure where we will be, either Coeur d'Alene or Boise area.  Would like any and all suggestions for either area.  Thanks so much!  

11:15 a.m. on October 1, 2014 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,969 forum posts

DLV,

I used to live up near Spokane. The Panhandle is a great place to hike. It is beautiful with lots of lakes and flatter country. November is a little cool so bring the right clothes.

Near Boise it is still the Snake River Plain, but to get in the woods you have to drive awhile. It will be steeper. The central part of Idaho, the Batholith is really steep. I have hunted elk on the S Fork of the Boise River and it is really lumpy. Near the big rivers like the main Salmon near Riggins and White Bird the weather is mild and low in elevation, but rugged canyon country. You might try an area like Birds of Prey on the Snake which is close to Boise, and relatively mild in November.

November 17, 2019
Quick Reply