National Park Maps

10:43 a.m. on August 13, 2015 (EDT)
RETAILER REVIEW CORPS
4,241 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

While planning my big trip to the Rockies I found this super helpful website, http://npmaps.com/ . It has tons of free hiking maps within the National Parks System. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone else could use it.

- Ashleigh

1:00 a.m. on August 15, 2015 (EDT)
40 reviewer rep
560 forum posts

I get lots of requests for maps.  Good link, thanks.

9:45 p.m. on August 20, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks for the link, Ashleigh! I'm the creator of NPMaps.com and am happy you found it useful. I created it when I had some down time a couple years ago and put energy into whenever I can. I still don't get too much traffic since I don't advertise or spam links, but I'm confident that as I continue to build a site people find useful, I'll eventually get found. I'm happy you found it!

Please let me know if you have any suggestions about how to improve things or any new parks you want to see added next. I'm trying to stick to adding public domain maps only, and would eventually like to start including National Monuments, National Recreation Areas, and as many of the 409 NPS units I can find maps for. But since it's just something I do with my free time, it's going verrrrrry slowly. So any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated!

(In case you're wondering, I found this post through my traffic logs. Since I still don't get many visitors, I always like seeing where they're coming from.) :)

1:32 p.m. on August 21, 2015 (EDT)
RETAILER REVIEW CORPS
4,241 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

You're welcome. Thank you for making such a helpful free site. I am about to go to Rocky Mountain, Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Glacier, and Badlands NPs, so your site has been very helpful to me as I have been planning my trip.

As far as feedback goes, I would love to see more NC/TN maps (more GSMNP individual hiking maps and maybe some from the Blue Ridge Parkway one day). I know you are working on that and that it takes time though. If you wanted to further improve it, you might could one day add some National Forest maps, too. Other than that, it looks great!

1:53 a.m. on August 23, 2015 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Your wish is my command; I got the Blue Ridge Parkway maps page up today! I'm not allowed to post direct links for spam-filter reasons (as it should be), but a copy+paste job on the following link should get you to the maps you need: npmaps.com/blue-ridge-parkway

I only have a few designated national parks left to go, but decided to skip ahead to Blue Ridge Parkway since you asked about it specifically. I think it makes sense too to get that page up and finished in time for the Fall leaf-peeping season.

Eventually I would like to get to Forest Service land as well, but will probably stay focused first on NPS lands since, well, that's kind of the name of the site. But it's nice to know I'll have plenty to keep me busy in the upcoming months and years. :)

If anyone else has any comments, feedback, requests, or suggestions, I'm all ears. Thanks Ashleigh!

9:31 a.m. on August 25, 2015 (EDT)
RETAILER REVIEW CORPS
4,241 reviewer rep
603 forum posts

Thanks so much! I checked them out and will definitely be using some of them.

Thanks again for all of your hard work.

January 21, 2020
Quick Reply