Adirondacks First week of Oct...

9:18 p.m. on August 18, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
41 forum posts

Thinking about heading to the Adirondacks... never been there. Hiking and Kayaking would be the focus. Probably an affordable cabin. Just me and my Fiancee. Beginning phase of researching what to do.  Day hikes and more of vacation mode than anything, had a life changing 'event' and just want to let NATURE be our ' medicine'. Thanks. RANDY

10:35 a.m. on August 21, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,943 forum posts

You are on to something big Randy. The fall is a great time for a cabin or RV.

9:52 p.m. on August 21, 2016 (EDT)
437 reviewer rep
272 forum posts

Randy, where in the Adirondacks? Its a big place and I may be able to help with part of it. I lived there for over ten yrs and started hiking there in 1970. I also just came back from a week there taking my oldest grandson on his first hike and climb and bushwack.

Oct in NY is hunting season so keep that in mind. The fall colors during the 1st week of Oct. should be brilliant.

6:43 p.m. on August 22, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,944 forum posts

Randy Lake Placid area has a 70 mile hiking trail Northville Placid trail...There's a Hostel you could use for basecamp they have private rooms also...TMax - Topo's Hostel (518) 523-0123  they could probably also give you some information on other place's in the DAk's  Their Hostel has a kitchen so you can save some  cash....

October 16, 2019
Quick Reply