Touring Jackson Hole starting tomorrow.

7:14 p.m. on June 30, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,348 forum posts

IMG_3011.jpg

Bike loaded and ready to ride. I am leaving Jackson tomorrow for a 7 day ride around Jackson Hole (JH)

I am taking my time no more than 15-20 miles a day. 

Screenshot-2018-06-29-at-8-50-35-AM---Ed
My route. Will cycle the first hours of each day, then stop and camp, then do day hikes. First day will be to a warm spring. 

Pictures and Trip Report in 8 days.

10:27 a.m. on July 4, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,348 forum posts

Bike-ride-around-JH-July-1-2-3-2018---Ed
Decided to go farther the first day after riding and getting to the warm springs at 11 am, rode on to Jenny Lake and camped. Did some day hiking there. Then Monday rode north to Jackson lake, stopped at Signal Mountain but there were no sites. So call the Colter Bay camp and they were also full. So rode back south down 89 and camped near the Wolff Ranchstead. I decided to use my rain fly as it helps it be warmer at night. At near sunset I heard something outside my tent, unzipped the door to find many buffalo outside. I zipped back up and huddled there in fear that I was to be trampled by bison unused to a tent in their way. It took about an hour for them all to pass, but besides heavy huffing outside and snorts, I was left unscathed. 

Yesterday morning just after sunrise they came back through. Guess they had left their grassland grazing area to go sleep in the woods and then returned. After they went by I broke camp and biked the 30 miles back to Jackson in about 4 hours against a strong headwind. Stopped at the recreation center for a shower and soak in the spa.

I rode 80 miles in the 3 days. Cut short because of camping limits. I will post pictures later...

July 21, 2019
Quick Reply