Jackson WY to Florence OR

11:41 a.m. on July 29, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

In two weeks I am cycling from here in Jackson WY to Florence Oregon.

Bike-route-from-Jackson-to-the-West-Coas
I chose the flattest route I could, being I am riding my recently bought Fat tire cruiser bike with just 7 gears.

539996.jpg
My bike looks like this, except mine is a grey chrome color.

IMG_3211---Edited.jpg
This is my bike loaded during a 80 mile ride I did around Grand Teton Nat park and Jackson Hole in early July.

I plan to go a little lighter on this trip to the Pacific coast. Just my tent,sleeping bag,pad,stove/cook kit, water bottles, bike tools. Plan to shop at Dollar stores as much as possible. 

Saved about $3000 in the last couple months working and I will be getting my social security every month.

After I reach the coast, plan to maybe go up to the Columbia River and see some friends in Portland, then head back south to cross the Golden Gate and on south to Arizona.

Plan to leave in two weeks from today on August 12th.

1:47 p.m. on August 10, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

Leaving Jackson in two days.

7:34 a.m. on August 11, 2018 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,988 reviewer rep
1,139 forum posts

Safe travels Gary.

1:20 a.m. on August 14, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

Made it to Idaho Falls in two days. But way to hot to continue. Heading back to Jackson by shuttle

8:51 p.m. on August 15, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

Trip ended, way too hot in Idaho. Came back to Jackson WY. back to work and stay till it cools down.

August 18, 2018
Quick Reply