Made a gopro video of my backpacking adventures

8:47 p.m. on May 30, 2014 (EDT)
79 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Went to the "most populated mountain lion area in Colorado" in hopes of waking up early and spotting one. This was on Beaver Creek (not the resort) and we hiked a total of 17 miles. 

Spectacular views, great fishing, and even better exercise. 

Link to vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD6S6V81LA4

10:49 a.m. on May 31, 2014 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,379 forum posts

Interesting video. But the beginning when you are shooting down the canyon, that seems kind of dangerous. Bullets can travel a long way and if someone else were in the canyon they could be hit. Better to shoot towards the cliff side.

12:18 p.m. on May 31, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,722 reviewer rep
1,471 forum posts

Between the random gunplay and that water crossing technique I'd say your trip looks more dangerous than I prefer.  On the other hand the area looked great and you not only had a good time but lived to tell the tale so I'm also a bit jealous :)

11:37 p.m. on May 31, 2014 (EDT)
79 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Thanks for the feedback. There was a mound behind the trees we were shooting at + a mountain side behind that. Would never shoot in an open area. The shooting wasn't dangerous in the slightest but the water crossing technique can be argued lol. 

Thanks again for watching and responding. I've read quite a few of your reviews (both of you)..much appreciated. 

9:52 a.m. on June 1, 2014 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,968 forum posts

Thanks for posting. I agree about the bad choice of backstop for shooting down canyon, and crummy stream crossings. Please don't be one of those people that likes to post their adventures, and then gets upset when people point out their bad judgment.

Good luck spotting mountain lions without dogs or a lot of luck. 

12:23 p.m. on June 1, 2014 (EDT)
79 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Not mad in the slightest ppine. Been shooting for a very long time and between the area we were in, the sign we put up and actually being there myself and knowing what we were shooting at it was a fine spot to shoot. Maybe I'll rewatch the video to see what it looks like but I can assure you we weren't shooting "down a canyon." Defending something I believe is right isn't an emotion :)

Thanks for watching. 

7:49 p.m. on June 1, 2014 (EDT)
1,462 reviewer rep
1,347 forum posts

After reading the intro I was hoping to see a mountain lion in the video :).

9:36 p.m. on June 1, 2014 (EDT)
79 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

bheiser1 said:

After reading the intro I was hoping to see a mountain lion in the video :).

I know! We found fresh kills, tracks, and scat. Our goal was to wake up before sunrise and find a nice, high location to watch with binoculars. We did see the bighorn sheep which was pretty cool!

8:15 a.m. on June 3, 2014 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,173 reviewer rep
2,261 forum posts

Nicely done Sam! What software did you use for your edits? I found the GoPro editor really hard to use....

11:11 a.m. on June 3, 2014 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,416 forum posts

There are a couple of scenes on your gopro where the shooter firing with nothing but sky framing the targets - never a good idea!  I was camping in an area during hunting season when a round came zooming into the vicinity of our group, cutting twigs in the trees as it descended, apparently originating from the other side of the ridge almost a mile away.  Please be careful, bullets travel further than we can shout.

Ed   

1:00 p.m. on June 4, 2014 (EDT)
79 reviewer rep
55 forum posts

Patman said:

Nicely done Sam! What software did you use for your edits? I found the GoPro editor really hard to use....

Thanks Pat!

I just used the iMovie editor on our MacBook. Very simple and a lot of good features. 

November 15, 2019
Quick Reply