VIDEO - Join me on the summits of some Colorado 14ers!

9:42 p.m. on September 20, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Here's the link to the video! - 

Hi all!

The Decalibron Loop is a trail in the US state of Colorado. It is a series of FOUR 14ers (a mountain with an elevation over 14,000 ft) - Mt. Democrat, Mt. Cameron, Mt. Lincoln, and Mt. Bross. I burned over 4,000 calories on this hike and welcome you to join me on the summits of these powerful mountains.

Here is the video I made of my trip around Decalibron! As I mentioned in a previous post, I am having issues with deteriorating memory due to Lyme Disease and have begun recording my hikes so I can remember them down the road. If you have any negative feedback, please leave it on this thread so that I can take your constructive criticism to improve my videos. I also welcome positive feedback as well! haha Either way, climb on my friends!

-Mav

7:06 a.m. on September 21, 2016 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,348 forum posts

hey chad,

nice video of your hike, what camera did you use to film with?

gary palmer

member since 2008

11:55 a.m. on September 21, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

Hi Gary,

I am actually using a Samsung Note 5 with a 15$ mic I bought off Amazon . The Note shoots excellent video quality. I am saving money to buy a really nice DSLR but that will probably be a few months. 

7:42 a.m. on September 22, 2016 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,935 forum posts

The quality was good chad and surprised the mic did so well...It was a good video...I presume a DSLR would give you more time to film....Liked it. I'll checkout your channel.

7:06 p.m. on September 22, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,853 forum posts

A nice video.

I lived in Colorado for years but never "bagged any 14ers" because they look the ones in the video, wind swept, cold rock plies.  I would rather be in the trees.  Maybe that thought occurred to you while you were up there in the rarified air.  Maybe you can explain the attraction.

9:48 a.m. on September 23, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

ppine said:

A nice video.

I lived in Colorado for years but never "bagged any 14ers" because they look the ones in the video, wind swept, cold rock plies.  I would rather be in the trees.  Maybe that thought occurred to you while you were up there in the rarified air.  Maybe you can explain the attraction.

I like to do all sorts of hikes but I also like the 14ers because I like to see how far I can push myself. I am really someone who is into personal development and climbing a 14er is like a metaphor for me. But also, the beauty you get when you are on the rooftop of Colorado is breathtaking. The other 14ers I've done were not this windy. We are transitioning into Fall and the conditions are slowly going to get worse until next Spring.

9:50 a.m. on September 23, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

denis daly said:

The quality was good chad and surprised the mic did so well...It was a good video...I presume a DSLR would give you more time to film....Liked it. I'll checkout your channel.

Thank you for the support! I can't wait until I get my better camera and will be able to do a lot more fun things during the editing process. 

2:28 p.m. on September 23, 2016 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
3,853 forum posts

Thanks Chad. That is a good answer/

3:26 p.m. on September 24, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

ppine said:

Thanks Chad. That is a good answer/

Thanks ppine. And also thank you for checking out my video. I can't wait to expand my video library over the next few years. :)

3:26 p.m. on September 24, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

denis daly said:

Thank you so much for your feedback. It's nice to see that people enjoy the stuff that I put together :)

July 23, 2019
Quick Reply