Sky Line Trail Snowshoe

12:59 p.m. on October 22, 2016 (EDT)
628 reviewer rep
59 forum posts

Wednesday 10/19/16

CFNetworkDownload_7k80h2.jpg

I woke up and looked at the webcams at Rainier and saw that it was a beautiful sunny day with lots of fresh snow. 

CFNetworkDownload_uHV4uz.jpg

I gathered up my winter gear for the first time this season and off I went! I was pressed for time so I only got to snowshoe for about 2 1/2 hours. It was well worth the 1 1/2 hour trip to get to paradise visitor center! There were plenty of other people with same idea and a few skiers as well heading up the trail. There was also an entire class hiking up the snowy trail, they looked young maybe age 14 or 15 and they did not have the luxury of snow shoes. 

CFNetworkDownload_XslymP.jpg

CFNetworkDownload_4iKndp.jpg

I am not sure how deep the snow actually was but it was at least over a foot in most areas and deeper as I climbed. A great break from the rainy weather we have been having. It felt good to have my snow shoes on and get a different kind of work out in!

The views were amazing with all the other mountain peaks visible today!

1:06 p.m. on October 22, 2016 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
41 forum posts
Re: Sky Line Trail Snow Shoe

Visited their in May- lots of snow still.... Most days I take a peak at the webcam also... Was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been... I have noticed the snowfall for the last week +. Thanks for sharing... RANDY

Got to run into Bronka Sunstrom.. an amazing soul....https://vimeo.com/134758013

2:37 p.m. on October 22, 2016 (EDT)
628 reviewer rep
59 forum posts

how awesome!

12:02 p.m. on October 24, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
873 reviewer rep
3,926 forum posts

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Elizabeth.

I'm jealous.

11:43 a.m. on October 25, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,243 reviewer rep
1,640 forum posts

Dang, great post.  I think I'll bring my skis to Mt Adams in November

8:03 p.m. on October 25, 2016 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
6,943 reviewer rep
1,349 forum posts

Soon.

My wife and I both dreamed we were snowshoeing the night before last. We've enjoyed the Fall color, but we're ready for white.

7:46 a.m. on October 26, 2016 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
873 reviewer rep
3,926 forum posts

I did see a snowflake on my run yesterday, so that's something!

6:38 a.m. on October 31, 2016 (EDT)
280 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I see you are using MSR Snowshoes. What type?

regards,

boo

1:52 p.m. on December 3, 2016 (EST)
628 reviewer rep
59 forum posts

The lightning Ascents, and I love them!! They are super light and will go through anything!

September 23, 2018
Quick Reply