Open main menu

Backpacking with my baby

My daughter as most of you know has started going on trips with me. Two  weekends ago my boy scout troop went to south mountain. It's how we get the new scouts into backpacking.  The boys are around her age. ( God help me) lol. Well the trip is short 1.4 miles in so 2.4 total on backpacking. And a seven mile hike Saturday morning. She did wonderful and made me so proud. We had to hike in, in the dark. Something she has never done. On Saturday in a wildness class on local animals she nail all of the skins the ranger had. And got 9 out of 10 questions right about black bears. Once again makeing me smile. Sunday as we drive home, dirty,stinky, and happy. She paid more attaion to me teaching the boys and haveing her in the woods with me. She surprise me more and more growing her adventure of growing up. Or I should say. Trailing up.

very cool oogway, kudos to you for getting the young ones out there!

The right way for young people to grow up.

My friend is a field biologist from Arizona. By the time his daughter was 5 she knew all of the common plants and birds in her part of the world.

Keep it up.  Great work!

You can tell the quality of the child and dad in the pride that shows through when you talk about her. Enjoy your time with her...they grow up so fast!

Thank you all for your kind words. All three of my kids love backpacking.  The oldest, she prefers road side camping... at least she still has the love for nature.

August 10, 2020
Quick Reply