35 mile bicycle ride Sunday

9:43 a.m. on June 25, 2018 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,379 forum posts

Yesterday my friend and I rode our bikes 35 miles around the southern end of Jackson Hole.

Bike-ride-with-Kayla-6-24-2018---Edited.
WE left Jackson (red dot) and rode north along the bike path along US89 to Moose WY, then headed south along the Moose/Wilson Rd to Teton Village and then back to Jackson.

IMG_2861.jpg
The Sleeping Indian mountain on horizon. Looks like a Indian chief laying on his back, you can see his head,nose and neck and his belly on the right. Flat Creek and the National Elk Refuge ( a winter habitat) in the foreground and Miller's Butte left and Gros Ventre Peak on right.

IMG_2862.jpg
The southern boundary of Grand Teton Park just 5 miles north of Jackson along US89. The Teton range on the horizon. Grand Teton is 13,775 feet. Jackson Hole, the valley on the Wyoming side is 6500'. Tree line is 9000' feet where the snow line is.

IMG_2864.jpg
Grand Teton looms above the Moose/Wilson Road as we leave Moose WY. The heart shaped snow patch is actually a glacier.

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2873.jpgWildflowers and other native plants upper pictures

IMG_2874.jpg

Granite Creek carries the snow melt down from the Tetons

IMG_2876.jpg
And carries it down stream to the Snake River, which in turn empties into the Columbia River in Oregon and then into the Pacific Ocean.

IMG_2878.jpg
One of the many multimillion dollar homes that dot Jackson Hole.

IMG_2879.jpg
A barn below the Teton Range seems small against the mountains.

IMG_2880.jpg
My friend ahead of me on the Moose/Wilson bike path heading for Teton Village. 

IMG_2881.jpg
The aerial tram at Teton Village carries tourists in summer and skiers in winter to the top of Rendezvous Peak over 11,000 feet.

November 14, 2019
Quick Reply