3,438 forum posts

Absolutely breath taking!

Ed

9:23 a.m. on May 17, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,254 forum posts

I love that area of Maine!

I'm not sure if I should say thanks for sharing it or not, LoneStranger...just kidding. It is beautiful. Now you've got me thinking about going up there for a hike.

12:00 p.m. on May 17, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,839 reviewer rep
1,490 forum posts

Alicia said:

I love that area of Maine!

I'm not sure if I should say thanks for sharing it or not, LoneStranger...just kidding. It is beautiful. Now you've got me thinking about going up there for a hike.

In the modern era of all things internet, nothing is secret any more. You know from email conversations that I used to avoid talking about this spot in public. Now I figure anyone willing to drive that far is probably already aware of it.

Now stop thinking about it and plan a trip. It can't be more than four hours or so from where you live :)

12:20 p.m. on May 18, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,254 forum posts

True! Yes, it's about 3-4 hours from us.

I think Maine is a bigger state than many people realize.

8:48 a.m. on May 20, 2019 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

when I THINK OF MAINE this video wraps it up for me..This is what I think of from my childhood trip in the 70s....

6:29 a.m. on May 21, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,254 forum posts

denis daly said:

when I THINK OF MAINE this video wraps it up for me..This is what I think of from my childhood trip in the 70s....

That sounds like a good memory, Denis! Where did you go?

3:13 a.m. on May 23, 2019 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

Booths Bay and drove to another area.My sisters best friend from nursing school goes up during Blue berry season....

7:52 a.m. on May 23, 2019 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
1,684 reviewer rep
4,254 forum posts

denis daly said:

Booths Bay and drove to another area.My sisters best friend from nursing school goes up during Blue berry season....

Nice! 

1:20 p.m. on May 29, 2019 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

Ls what trips you have with the family this summer? I know Baxter looks like it might open in june....

2:59 p.m. on May 29, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,839 reviewer rep
1,490 forum posts

denis daly said:

Ls what trips you have with the family this summer? I know Baxter looks like it might open in june....

Baxter said yesterday that all Katahdin trails as well as all the other high routes and some low routes will remain closed until June 15th at the earliest. Deep snow year combined with a cool spring pattern has things a real mess up there. I learned my lesson last year and made plans for July instead heh.

We are sending our little one to two, five day sessions at the Girl Scout camp near BSP. I made reservations for the adults to do a Chimney Pond/Davis/Russell/Wass Stream loop the first week. The second week we're doing Center/Little Wass Lake/Russell/Big Wass Lake/Little Wass Lake as an out and back. On the weekend in between we have a cabin rented at Matagamon Camps so we can hang out instead of spending the whole weekend driving back and forth.

Have you got something good on the calendar for this year Denis?

6:07 a.m. on May 30, 2019 (EDT)
273 reviewer rep
1,949 forum posts

I think iam headed to Dolly Sods WV for the end of june.I think phil posted in the past about it and I have a few friends said check it out.Julys up in the air maybe something in the smokeys...

December 8, 2019
Quick Reply