Bike ride down lower Zion Canyon this morning.

3:39 p.m. on June 3, 2019 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,383 forum posts

This morning I left my dorm here at the Zion Lodge where I am working this summer. I rode down to the small town of Springdale Utah on my bike.

IMG_7239.jpg

Temple of the Sun catching early morning rays of sun, late in the day it catches the last rays at sunset.

IMG_7240.jpg
The East Rim of Zion  Canyon, layers of ancient sand dunes that would rival the highest dunes of the Sahara.

IMG_7241.jpg
A native Mule  Deer doe, grazing along the road side.

IMG_7242.jpg
Looking back up the Zion Road, the smaller rounded peak on the right above the trees is Angels Landing.

IMG_7246.jpgThe three Patriarchs, named after saints of the first books of the bible by early Mormon settlers.

IMG_7249.jpg
A ruffed Tom Turkey plumps up to display for the females

IMG_7262.jpg
The Watchman and the Virgin River in lower Zion Canyon.

IMG_7264.jpg
The Beehive are the points in the white sandstone, named by early settlers. Utah is the Beehive state.

IMG_7272.jpg
View up the Par-ius bike/walk trail into Zion Canyon from near the Watchman walk-in campsites.

IMG_7273.jpg
The West Temple rises almost 4000 feet above the lower Zion Canyon.

IMG_7271.jpg
Towers and Temples of the Virgin. The West Temple on the left and the Altar of Sacrifice the red streaked point on the middle right.

IMG_7274.jpg
Balanced Rock, shadow shows where it is near the center of the image.

IMG_7275.jpg
Pizza & Noodle Cafe in an old church downtown Springdale, Utah just outside the southeast entrance to Zion NP.

IMG_7277.jpg
Waiting in line on a Monday to take the park shuttle back up the hill to the lodge and my dorm.

12:06 p.m. on June 4, 2019 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
290 forum posts

Pretty incredible place. Thanks.

4:23 p.m. on June 4, 2019 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
8,737 reviewer rep
1,476 forum posts

So pretty there, but so many people during the summer months. I bet you know some secret spots to get away from them though. Thanks for sharing Gary!

6:22 p.m. on June 6, 2019 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
680 forum posts

Wait!  You have a bike and you're waiting for the shuttle to the lodge?  That doesn't sound like you, Gary...

11:08 p.m. on June 6, 2019 (EDT)
244 reviewer rep
5,383 forum posts

i didnt feel like cycling up the hill

10:42 a.m. on June 7, 2019 (EDT)
253 reviewer rep
193 forum posts

Thanks.  I was going to ask if it was possible to ride down and then ride back up on the shuttle. 

6:37 a.m. on June 8, 2019 (EDT)
125 reviewer rep
3,419 forum posts

Yes, you can pack your bike onto the shuttles.

zion-canyon-shuttle-service.jpgAbove:  Note bike rack on front of Zion Shuttle.

I've always wanted to cycle in Zion but did not have room to transport my bike from LA.  Gary, I am green with envy...

Ed

1:41 p.m. on June 8, 2019 (EDT)
107 reviewer rep
521 forum posts

Hey thanks for sharing 

November 17, 2019
Quick Reply