Open main menu

Bike ride down lower Zion Canyon this morning.

This morning I left my dorm here at the Zion Lodge where I am working this summer. I rode down to the small town of Springdale Utah on my bike.

IMG_7239.jpg

Temple of the Sun catching early morning rays of sun, late in the day it catches the last rays at sunset.

IMG_7240.jpg
The East Rim of Zion  Canyon, layers of ancient sand dunes that would rival the highest dunes of the Sahara.

IMG_7241.jpg
A native Mule  Deer doe, grazing along the road side.

IMG_7242.jpg
Looking back up the Zion Road, the smaller rounded peak on the right above the trees is Angels Landing.

IMG_7246.jpgThe three Patriarchs, named after saints of the first books of the bible by early Mormon settlers.

IMG_7249.jpg
A ruffed Tom Turkey plumps up to display for the females

IMG_7262.jpg
The Watchman and the Virgin River in lower Zion Canyon.

IMG_7264.jpg
The Beehive are the points in the white sandstone, named by early settlers. Utah is the Beehive state.

IMG_7272.jpg
View up the Par-ius bike/walk trail into Zion Canyon from near the Watchman walk-in campsites.

IMG_7273.jpg
The West Temple rises almost 4000 feet above the lower Zion Canyon.

IMG_7271.jpg
Towers and Temples of the Virgin. The West Temple on the left and the Altar of Sacrifice the red streaked point on the middle right.

IMG_7274.jpg
Balanced Rock, shadow shows where it is near the center of the image.

IMG_7275.jpg
Pizza & Noodle Cafe in an old church downtown Springdale, Utah just outside the southeast entrance to Zion NP.

IMG_7277.jpg
Waiting in line on a Monday to take the park shuttle back up the hill to the lodge and my dorm.

Pretty incredible place. Thanks.

So pretty there, but so many people during the summer months. I bet you know some secret spots to get away from them though. Thanks for sharing Gary!

Wait!  You have a bike and you're waiting for the shuttle to the lodge?  That doesn't sound like you, Gary...

i didnt feel like cycling up the hill

Thanks.  I was going to ask if it was possible to ride down and then ride back up on the shuttle. 

Yes, you can pack your bike onto the shuttles.

zion-canyon-shuttle-service.jpgAbove:  Note bike rack on front of Zion Shuttle.

I've always wanted to cycle in Zion but did not have room to transport my bike from LA.  Gary, I am green with envy...

Ed

Hey thanks for sharing 

September 18, 2020
Quick Reply