Alpine Design River Sandals

rated 2.0 of 5 stars
photo: Alpine Design River Sandals sport sandal

Recently purchased sandal different in price and design. Evidently "Alpine Design" means good as a water shoe for the lake or sea.

Pros

• Inexpensive

Cons

• Runs small

Don't know if i can recommend, but the price was right.

I have had very good results with all Alpine Design gear, but these water sandals bought a few years ago, but little used, just fell apart. First a glued-in left sole floated away in the Yama River, Steamboat, Colo., where the hydraulic is located.

Thinking the shoes were OK, I stepped on a rock in the river to get a grip, got swept backwards fast and banged my lower back hard on a pointed rock. It took 4 weeks to recover.

When I examined the right foot, the second glued-in sole delaminated and fell off. Then the front toe guard fell off.

This batch of shoes may have been deficient, but I can assure you when a sole gives out causing you injury they are dangerous. I would like an address to ship these shoes for examination.

Pros

• Looked OK for value at the store

Cons

• Fell apart on a falls causing injury.

BTW, I bought a grape colored Camp 7 sleeping bag in the 1970s and it is still great. So I know the designer wants stuff to be solid.

Bob Dowling

Hi Bob. Thanks for sharing your experience with these sandals. It's too bad they failed on you. FYI, Trailspace has no relationship with any of the outdoor brands reviewed on this site. We're strictly a site for reviews of people's outdoor gear.

Hi Bob. Thanks for sharing your experience with these sandals. It's too bad they failed on you and caused an injury. FYI, Trailspace is a publication for sharing experiences and reviews of outdoor gear and has no relationship with any of the outdoor brands reviewed on our site. We don't sell or make any of the gear reviewed here. As for Alpine Design, most recently, the name "Alpine Design" has been used by The Sports Authority for its house-brand camping gear. So, you will want to contact Sports Authority directly for customer service. I hope that helps. Good luck!

Review Your Gear to Win Kora Wool Activewear worth $660