ALPS Mountaineering Alpine Lake 0

The Alpine Lake 0 has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best 3-season synthetic sleeping bags for 2020.

photo: ALPS Mountaineering Alpine Lake 0 3-season synthetic sleeping bag

Price Historic Range: $39.95-$49.95
Reviewers Paid: $54.95

I am currently using this ALPS Mountaineering Alpine Lake 0 Degree Mummy Bag here in Ohio's Wayne National Forest, which is located in the hilly southeast part of the State.

Being camped in a beautiful forest composed of white pines, I needed a bag that would keep me warm in temps that hover around the 0 degree mark. Last night a storm system brought cold temperatures and strong winds to the area. Thanks to my ALPS Alpine Lake bag, I am staying warm and toasty here in my tent.

I need to point out I live in my tent year around. I depend on my gear to keep me comfortable and ALIVE. This bag is doing just this.

I would most definitely recommend this mummy bag. It's very affordable and it performs as claimed. No frills.

I refuse to purchase gear from those trendy BIG name brands. ALPS gear performs as well and at a fraction of the cost. Unless one wants to be one of those "trendy" backpackers which my soul hateth.

Design: mummy bag