The Big Bear has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best lumbar/hip packs for 2020.
Reviewers Paid: $51.00
This is a modular type of lumbar - day pack. It comes in two camouflage colors. I purchased the Mossy Oak Break Up Infinity.
2 Packs in One!
- Adjustable shoulder harness
- Both Big Bear and Little Bear models have optional harness pockets that are compatible
- Padded waist belt with easy access pocket
- 2 side, front, and main pockets.
- Fanny Pack Extends into Large Day Pack
- Webbing Loops for Lashing on Extra Gear
- 800 cu in – Fanny Pack Capacity
- 1900 cu in – Day Pack Capacity
- 2700 – cu in – Total Capacity
- Weight: 2 lbs 5 oz
- Brushed Mossy Oak Break-Up Infinity
The fanny pack has a large main compartment, 2 side pockets, and a front pocket, 800 cubic inches gives you plenty of space to organize your gear. The fanny pack has a large extendable day pack that expands out of the fanny pack to give you an additional 1,900 cubic inches of space.
If you're going on a short hike and only need the capacity of the fanny pack, the expandable day pack section can stow away.
I really like the the fact that this pack can be multi-use for my day hikes, overnight hikes, extended days of hiking, and cold weather hikes.
Price Paid: $51