ALPS Mountaineering Wilderness

I bought the 8 man Wilderness. Nice tent and easy…

Design: Three season, 8-man dome
Sleeps: 6+
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: not too bad

I bought the 8 man Wilderness. Nice tent and easy to set up but marginal for three-season use. 20-30 mph winds were really too much for this tent. For a spring and summer tent I would give it a very solid 4 stars. Relatively good quality fiberglass poles (nice ferrules), very easy set up, great ventilation, and quality was definitely good enough for summer/spring use. For some reason the smaller Wilderness tents appear to be more worthy of three-season status than this one. Even though I gave it 3 stars, I did like it very much but I wanted a stronger shelter so I bought a Cabela's Alaskan Guide Model. Now that is a five star tent!

Nice tent for the price. Took it on a BWCA trip, where…

Design: dome
Ease of Setup: easy
Weight: not the lightest, but not bad for a canoe trip.

Nice tent for the price. Took it on a BWCA trip, where the weight wasn't a factor. Set up easily and stayed dry during an all day rain. Good space for two people and equipment.

The Wilderness has been discontinued.

The ALPS Mountaineering Wilderness is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 22, 2010 at Sierra.

Inov-8 Mudclaw G 260 Review