Altberg Kisdon GFit

photo: Altberg Kisdon GFit hiking boot

Altberg Kisdons are fairly stiff soled, tough, and grippy waterproof walking boots made with Nubuck leather.

Pros

• One piece nubuck leather
  • Full rubber rand
  • Sympatex waterproof lining
  • Lace locks
  • G-fit
  • Vibram Masai sole
  • Easy to clean

Altberg Kisdon G-fit (size 9)

20230121_153007.jpg

Altberg Kisdon walking boots. These are one tough pair of boots. They are a fairly stiff soled boot with some built-in toe roll. They have a full rubber rand which also goes high over the toe box with a Sympatex waterproof lining.

Comfortable to wear and haven't had any problems with rubbing. They fit my feet nice and they don't squash my toes which is something I usually experience with shoes in general, that is my small toes being squashed from the sides, but not so with these G-fit boots.

The boots are easy to slip on and off and not so hard to lace up. Just simply use the lace locks to adjust the lower part and then the upper tabs to tie the top.

It was the G-fit size that made me purchase them as I had to purchase online and I had a feeling from what I'd read that a lot of boots available would have been too narrow for my feet. The few other brands that offer wide fit boots are apparently still not actually that wide from what I've read.

The price was on the dearer side, but having boots that fit is what's important.

The boots are also easy to clean. Just rinse the soles in the sink and use a dish brush to get the mud off and a sponge to wipe the uppers.

I went with my regular shoe size 9. They fit just right for me. I know they say if you like to wear thick socks to go up half a size which may be something to consider, but personally I'm happy with these.

I sprayed them with a can of Altberg Leder-bok before I had worn them outside. I applied two good coats leaving to dry in-between. This felt like it used most of the contents of the can with a little left. I purchased two cans at £6 each. Also purchased an 80ml tin of clear Leder-gris which I haven't used yet but have it just in case needed in future. I understand that using Leder-gris will darken the leather of these boots.

Experience

First time purchase of this type of walking boots.

Price Paid: £233.99

Your Review

Weight 811 g (size 9)
Height 16 cm (size 9 including heel)
Sizes 4-14 UK (inc ½ sizes)
Width GFit / the Kisdon boot is part of Altberg's GFit range for wider feet with above average volume
Upper 2.4-2.6mm full grain Nubuck leather, one large piece of leather upper in alpine style
Lining Sympatex breathable 4 layer lining with military grade waterproof membrane interlayer
Midsole Tri-Flex 3, graded flex control for each individual size, excellent torsional resistance
Sole Vibram Masai and Micro midlayer with a high full rubber abrasion resistant rand
Product Details from Altberg »