Arc'teryx Camosun Parka

photo: Arc'teryx Camosun Parka down insulated jacket

Price Current Retail: $649.00
Historic Range: $226.73-$649.00
Reviewers Paid: $649.00

Prior to today I would have given this garment 4 stars,…

Summary

Prior to today I would have given this garment 4 stars, even with the weakly snapped hood (which has been derided by many other reviewers on other sites). Fine. I bought this January 2016. Today on my way in to work the front zipper completely failed. It splits open when zipped open. For a $649 down jacket this is ridiculous.

Pros

• Warm
  • Stylish

Cons

• Very weak hood snaps. Hood comes off if you even pick the jacket up by the hood. Some say the hood is too big. I've found cold air can travel up from the bottom.
  • Worst of all the front zipper is plastic and failed after two seasons.

CA-34438.jpg

Thanks for the review, Kevin. Too bad about your parka failing. Have you tried contacting Arc'teryx's customer service to see if they'll help?

KEVIN HERLIHY

They just sent me an email today with info about sending it back for warranty and repair. FYI: my garment is clean, if you send a garment back that requires cleaning they will charge you $15!

Good luck!