Arc'teryx Fission LT Hoody

rated 4.50 of 5 stars

The Fission LT Hoody has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best synthetic insulated jackets for 2020.

photo: Arc'teryx Fission LT Hoody synthetic insulated jacket

Men's
Price Historic Range: $79.79-$399.00
Reviewers Paid: $225.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $159.58-$299.93

I bought this in the Arc'teryx factory shop in Canada so it was a bit of a deal. But having used quite a bit, I will be happy to pay full retail for a replacement when the time comes.

I wanted a synthetic filled belay parka to replace my Cloudveil Enclosure and a friend lent me his Fission LT to try. Straight away, I thought this was going to be the one for me. The fit is excellent, long at the back so it doesn't ride up when you sit down. The hood is good too, large enough to easily go over a climbing or ski helmet, but easy to cinch down when wearing just a hat.

The jacket has three pockets on the outside, two handwarmer and one chest - all pretty big. There are also two big mesh which are useful for storing gloves, water or gas canisters.

The one area where this jacket falls down is the shell fabric. I'm not a big fan of Gore Windstopper as it doesn't breathe as well and weighs more than a nylon shell. I think this jacket could be improved by using a hybrid construction like on the Alpha Comp Hoody - just using membrane fabric on the hood and shoulders and nylon on the rest of the body.

However, the performance doesn't seem to suffer too much so this might be a minor criticism. All in all, an awesome jacket.

Fabric: Gore Windstopper
Fill: Primaloft

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter

Sea to Summit Comfort Deluxe Insulated Mat Review

NativesOutdoors White Shell Mountain Beanie Review

Mountain Equipment Glacier 700 Review

MSR DragonFly Review

Does anyone have plans to build something like this