Arc'teryx Minuteman Pant

The Minuteman Pant has been discontinued. If you're looking for something new, check out the best waterproof pants for 2021.

photo: Arc'teryx Minuteman Pant waterproof pant

Men's
Price Historic Range: $91.88-$350.00
Reviewers Paid: $220.00
Women's
Price Historic Range: $104.21-$350.00

I got my Mininuteman Pants on clearance sale back in late 2002. The only two regrets that I have had with these pants is (1) that they are the lead color and (2) that I didn't get them with the Keprotech-protected instep. The first season that I used the pants I sliced through the material on the inside of the pant leg. I sent them back to Arc'teryx, had them repair the slice and add the Keprotech instep, and I've never had a problem since.

These pants fit me perfectly - that's the single biggest reason that they are always my first choice when I'm heading for the slopes. I don't feel in any way encumbered by them, not when walking, not when skiing. They are as comfortable as a regular pair of pants. The cuffs are well designed to cinch around ski boots - I've never had problems with snow getting past the defenses of this pant. I've also never had these pants wet through.

Like I said, the color isn't my favorite, but it has grown on me over the years of use. Once the insteps were added, the durability of these pants has been excellent - there's no mark on them to make them look like they were ever used.

Arc'Teryx stuff is expensive, but if these pants fit you I can't imagine a better pant for skiing, with perhaps the exception of the bib version if you are into those.

Primus Campground Cooking Giveaway