I have been hiking short-medium walks for approximately…

Materials: gore-tex
Use: Anything!
Break-in Period: Nil
Weight: Not sure - medium (not extremely heavy)
Price Paid: AUD $399

I have been hiking short-medium walks for approximately 15 years. I started out my trekking experience with the rugged Scarpa boots that all my hiking friends owned and loved... After 2 feet almost totally covered in blisters from a 2-3 day hike 4 years on (and every experience was similar to this from teh moment I wore them), I was convinced they were not ever going to be worn in!

I looked around and found Asolo from recommendation from my sister. I have never looked back!! Their gore-tex is fabulous - no more rubbing wax into them and blowdrying them to heat the wax in. No more double eyelets at the top that are fussy, but instead a wonderfully comfortable and durable boot! Good for rock hopping, stable on uneven surfaces (high enough around the ankle) and so soft that you don't have to wear them in!

I have worn them probably 50+ days of hiking over 5 years and it is only on my last day walk last week I realized that my much beloved boots have finally come to an end - the sole has worn through... That may be the only reason this is a 4.5 star and not 5 star... you may not be able to replace the sole. Shame... we've grown close!

Love them and will endeavour to buy the same again - if they still make them that is!

The FSN 280 GTX has been discontinued.

The Asolo FSN 280 GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra.

3F Gear Lanshan 2 Review