Banner & Oak Firebiner

photo: Banner & Oak Firebiner multi-tool

The Banner & Oak Firebiner is the same as the Outdoor Element Firebiner.

The Firebiner is also sold as the Outdoor Element Firebiner.

Price MSRP: $15.00
Weight 1 oz
Dimensions 5.75 × 3 × 0.25 in
Includes Replaceable ferro rod, with extra rods included / Stainless steel safety blade to cut paracord, fishing line, string, and more / Bottle opener / Screwdriver tip / Hang slots to connect keys or anything with a ring or clasp

Love this product. I love that it clips right to my bag or belt loop.

Pros

• Multiple uses—can use at campsite, while hiking or fishing, and everyday.
  • Small and lightweight

Cons

• Flint stick replacement is tough and not a quick process

Love this product. I love that is clips right to my bag or belt loop and is good for multiple things as it is a 5-1 multi-tool. It is lightweight and easy to use.

I did remove one star because the way to replace the flint stick is difficult. The screw is tiny and the spring will send it flying into the great unknown. Lucky, I checked it out in my kitchen and was able to locate the screw about 5 minutes after it flew through the air like a gold star gymnast.

The strike is done with ease and provides great spark to get the fire going pretty quickly. I will definitely be using this on every trip.

Experience

Used it to get a fire started pretty quickly, cut fishing line, and change the batteries in my camp lantern.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (Banner&Oak)

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this tool, Brittni. Can you tell us more about how you got it for free from Banner & Oak? Thanks!

Brittni Fry INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

I am a member of an app that allows partner companies to send promotional items to their reviewers, with the reviewers permission, they asked if I would like to receive promotional offers and I agreed. Banner and Oak was the first company I tested products from and I am pleased with the items.

Thanks, Brittni. We've updated your review info to reflect that.

Gear Libraries Increase Outdoor Access, Equity, and Adventure