This is one hell of a backpack. I bought mine in the…

Design: top loading
Size: 100 litres
Number of Pockets: 5
Max. Load Carried: 41 Kg
Height of Owner: 185 cm
Price Paid: about E 300

This is one hell of a backpack. I bought mine in the summer of 1992. The salesman said it was am expensive bag which was too heavy and way too big. Well, I like winter trekking in remote areas. Mostly alone (no one is foolish enough to do such a thing in Holland) and usually without re-supply.

Okay, it’s a bit heavy, but it won’t let you down. Once I had a lot of gear with me for a base camp, a little less then 46 kilos. I’d wished I had an external frame at that time. But normal I have a max of 35 kilos when I start a trip, and end up with 26, 28 kilos at the end when all food has gone. (I usually drop some kilos of fat in those two or three weeks).

After 10 years of faithful service this backpack will be replaced. I've had a couple of others before, but I am gonna buy a new one before this winter. Guess what? It's going to be again a cyclops II atlas. This time a decent army-green one instead of my purple/light green psychadelic warfare pack. (it was a “special” colour, produced in one batch for a big outdoorshop organisation in Holland)

The Cyclops Atlas has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Berghaus Cyclops Atlas is not available from the stores we monitor.

Outdoor Research Equinox Convert Pants Review