Beyond Clothing Brokk Capri

These pants are really great for hot weather hiking…

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Summary

These pants are really great for hot weather hiking and camping where you want good coverage of your legs but still need breathability and airflow. The pants come to a couple inches below your knees and are made of a stretchy material that gives nice mobility when performing tasks around a campfire or climbing over some rocks.

I would highly recommend checking out these pants for anyone who spends a significant amount of time outdoors in hot weather.

Pros

• Flexible material
  • Length
  • Breathability
  • Water resistant

Cons

• Sizes are not small enough
  • Not a typical style

Overall these pants are super comfortable and I loved the stretchy material they were made of that allowed me to move around without being limited by the pants. I also liked the fit and length that allowed some air flow around my legs while still covering enough of my body that I didn't get scratched up.

The one negative in this regard is that the pants are a little loose even though I have the smallest size. I wear a 30 waist and often struggle finding pants that are small enough so this is something I am used to. The pants are relatively tight around your thighs but then hang very loose around your knees and ankles which allowed nice airflow. They aren't adjustable and don't have a built-in belt which is a little bit of a downside but the stretchy material functions in a similar manner.

There are several pockets on the pants of varying sizes and they were all more than sufficient for what I needed to hold while hiking. The pants are also described as waterproof but I haven't yet gotten a chance to test this feature out. Additionally, the pants are made of very durable material and while hiking in pretty thick brush they did not get caught or get damaged.

I will try and update this review as a get out and try the pants more but currently, I would highly recommend them based on the comfort and durability. The style is not a common one however so take that into consideration as well.

Disclosure: The reviewer received a sample of this product from the brand or its representatives in exchange for a review.

Hi Asher, how long have you been using these capris for hiking? Also, I saw that they retail for $159 (!), though are on sale for $40. What are your thoughts on that pricetag?

Asher Krell INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

I have now been wearing them for a few months and I still really love them. I actually wear them on almost a daily basis to work because they are longer than shorts but I don't have issues with my bike gears like I do with pants. I think the $160 price is a little steep especially for a style that is not common in men's pants but at the $40 price, they are MORE than worth it. I really can't express enough how much I like using these for hiking. The pockets are just the right size, they are lightweight, and the stretchy material is incredibly comfortable.

Thanks for the followup, Asher.