Beyond Clothing Brokk Capri

photo: Beyond Clothing Brokk Capri hiking pant

Price MSRP: $159.00

These pants are really great for hot weather hiking and camping where you want good coverage of your legs but still need breathability and airflow. The pants come to a couple inches below your knees and are made of a stretchy material that gives nice mobility when performing tasks around a campfire or climbing over some rocks.

I would highly recommend checking out these pants for anyone who spends a significant amount of time outdoors in hot weather.

Pros

• Flexible material
  • Length
  • Breathability
  • Water resistant

Cons

• Sizes are not small enough
  • Not a typical style

Overall these pants are super comfortable and I loved the stretchy material they were made of that allowed me to move around without being limited by the pants. I also liked the fit and length that allowed some air flow around my legs while still covering enough of my body that I didn't get scratched up.

The one negative in this regard is that the pants are a little loose even though I have the smallest size. I wear a 30 waist and often struggle finding pants that are small enough so this is something I am used to. The pants are relatively tight around your thighs but then hang very loose around your knees and ankles which allowed nice airflow. They aren't adjustable and don't have a built-in belt which is a little bit of a downside but the stretchy material functions in a similar manner.

There are several pockets on the pants of varying sizes and they were all more than sufficient for what I needed to hold while hiking. The pants are also described as waterproof but I haven't yet gotten a chance to test this feature out. Additionally, the pants are made of very durable material and while hiking in pretty thick brush they did not get caught or get damaged.

I will try and update this review as a get out and try the pants more but currently, I would highly recommend them based on the comfort and durability. The style is not a common one however so take that into consideration as well.

Source: tested or reviewed it for the manufacturer (I kept the product after testing.)

Disclosure: The author of this review received a sample of the product from the brand or its representative in exchange for a review.

Hi Asher, how long have you been using these capris for hiking? Also, I saw that they retail for $159 (!), though are on sale for $40. What are your thoughts on that pricetag?

Asher Krell INCENTIVIZED REVIEWER

I have now been wearing them for a few months and I still really love them. I actually wear them on almost a daily basis to work because they are longer than shorts but I don't have issues with my bike gears like I do with pants. I think the $160 price is a little steep especially for a style that is not common in men's pants but at the $40 price, they are MORE than worth it. I really can't express enough how much I like using these for hiking. The pockets are just the right size, they are lightweight, and the stretchy material is incredibly comfortable.

Thanks for the followup, Asher.