Beyond Clothing M5 Glacier Pant

photo: Beyond Clothing M5 Glacier Pant soft shell pant

Price Reviewers Paid: $380.00

$380— I was expecting a lifelong pant with terrific quality and features. NOPE, the cheapest zippers on the pockets that I have EVER seen, AND, misconstructed on top of that.

Sent back, then one month later I get them back and the zipper bottom had a cheap, bent-up plastic clasp replaced at the bottom. I had to hammer it and straighten it myself.

Second pair, pocket zipper froze due to the same cheap construction. Sent back, three weeks later they are on a one-week track back to my address. They did say they would pass on my thoughts of a better zipper system to the designers.

At $380, this is completely absurd. Loose threads, poorly-thought design (pockets with buttons on each side of velcro on the thighs -- are we kidding?) and just an odd feel for the whole over-priced thing. Beware. Get some L.L. Bean pants instead.

Pros

• None over $69 Lands End pants

Cons

• Cheap designs
  • Cheap components
  • Bad workmanship

Steer clear of this ripoff.

Welcome to Trailspace, Jonas. Thanks for sharing your experience with these pants. I hope you'll share some pictures of yours in your review once you get them back, for others to see.

Final Days: Review Your Gear to Win a $1200 Backpacking Setup

Mystery Ranch Forager Hip Pack Review

Salomon Supercross GTX Review

Osprey Stratos 34 Review

ALPS Mountaineering Lynx 1 Review

Hennessy Hammock HH2O AutoMagic Water Collector & Rainfly Tensioner System Review