Historic Range: $49.83-$159.95
Reviewers Paid: $100.00
I purchased the L/XL (18 inch torso) version of this backpack for use snowboarding and I absolutely love it. It is by far the best snowboarding/skiing pack I have owned. I'm 6'3" and the L/XL size is perfect for me.
After two seasons of use, here are the things I appreciate most:
- clamshell design: I can open the main compartment zipper and lay the bag completely open and flat.
- the handle on the top is very durable and solid. It's also coated in rubber for easy handling.
- there is a sleeve for the hydration tube on the right shoulder strap to keep it from flopping around.
- you can strap a board to the back (vertically, not horizontally unfortunately), or skis to the back or to the sides. The straps and buckles are very durable even though the buckles are the "low profile" kind. I have seen no fraying or pulled stitching after having repeatedly strapped my board or my skis (188cm) and my child's skis to the pack.
- there are two cinch straps (one high, one low) on each side of the pack to make it as slim as possible so it doesn't affect your ability to sit on chair lifts.
- the waist belt is large and sturdy.
- there is a whistle built into the buckle of the chest strap. I've never had to use it but it's always there and it's very loud.
I'd highly recommend this pack to either skiers or boarders. This is my first Black Diamond product so I don't know much about the company but the construction quality of my pack is top notch with no signs of aging after two seasons of use.
Design: clamshell opening, slim design
Size: L/XL version
Height of Owner: 6'3"
Price Paid: $100