Black Diamond Women's Trail Shock

photo: Black Diamond Women's Trail Shock antishock trekking pole

Price Historic Range: $83.95-$139.95
Reviewers Paid: $70.00

Great lightweight poles. I used these heavily on a 7-day trek in the Alps and they were very helpful. Of my group, I had the lightest poles and the easiest to collapse. Highly recommend (plus they look great)!

Pros

• Easy to collape
  • Easy to adjust height
  • Looks great

Once I adjusted the height I was able to keep them at the correct height, and then easily collapse or open up to the set height in a few seconds. I liked the multiple options for where to grip so I could easily adjust depending on if I was on an incline or decline.

Locking: Easy to use mechanisms and they didn't slip at all during a 7-day trek.

Traction: I had a little slippage but it might have helped if I had changed the tips (which I chose not to do). But nothing significant or a real problem.

Baskets: Very small, practically non-existent. This bothered some in other reviews I read, but since I knew I couldn't count on the baskets I didn't care.

Very easy to use and well constructed, like everything Black Diamond. I have used heavily for a month and show no wear.

Price Paid: $70 (on sale)

rated 5.00 of 5 stars All Trail Shock versions

In addition to the 1 women's review above, there are 8 reviews for other versions of the Trail Shock. Read all reviews »

How to Get Outside and Recreate Responsibly this Winter