Black Diamond Vectra IQ

Purchased new form BD in Utah in 2001, used in West…

Purchased new form BD in Utah in 2001, used in West Virginia spelunking for two years, approach hiking, and climbing for more than 4 years.

I use rechargeable AA batteries that last forever.

The indicator light is very telling even if you never take it off at night.

The low light option is used most, and the incandescent light is used for emergency lighting.

This is a durable rugged product. If they no longer make it, I hope they have an equivalent. It is worth double what it cost considering its service life. after 8 years only one LED is beginning to flicker.

I would recommend Black Diamond headlamps similar to this one without hesitation.

It lives in my pack or is used daily for construction work on my house in the dark regularly. It is my lighting workhorse for a reason, it always works even after abuse.

I have crawled through mud and water with it on in caves and it never went out!

S McClarin.

I picked this up at one of those 1-day DoD (Deal of…

I picked this up at one of those 1-day DoD (Deal of the Day) web sites. I'm guessing the item has been discontinued. But so far, I have had great success with mine over the 6 or so months of usage.

The LED and Halogen bulbs are excellent. The flicker that Erik refers to in the other review can be a *little* annoying...but I don't find it terribly intrusive.

If you see one of these available for a discounted price, go head and pick one up. Very quality item.

This headlamp has everything you want for any situation.

This headlamp has everything you want for any situation. The three light settings for the LED and the halogen is priceless. Lowest LED is great for reading in a tent. The highest halogen setting is a lifesaver when you are looking for that noise in the bushes in the middle of the night. You can also get brighter halogen bulbs than the one that comes with the lamp.

The power indicator/locator light gets a little annoying because it blinks all the time and you can't turn it off, that would be nice. I work on a trail crew for a national park and I am in the backcountry more than not. This headlamp is great for everyday use. Versatility, Dependability, Quality, nuff said.

The Vectra IQ has been discontinued.

The Black Diamond Vectra IQ is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 13, 2009 at Teton Village Sports.

Win a Helle Wabakimi Knife by "Survivorman" and a Kupilka FireSteel