160 x 210 x 95 cm
50 x 14 x 14 cm
Polyester PU 3000mm
Good entry-level tent as a starting point to overnight hiking without paying big $$. Simple and rugged design, but not for the serious overnight hiker.
- Bulletproof entry-level tent for overnight hiking beginners
- Excellent ventilation for warm nights
- Poles poorly designed for sleeves makes setup and pack-up a PITA
- Ventilation not suitable for winter if you feel the cold
- A little on the heavy side; if you get serious about hiking you’ll want to spend the extra and buy a lighter, easier to set up tent
Bought this tent as an entry-level option when starting overnight hiking and it is serving its purpose to date. Overall design is simple; quality and functionality is good, however the poles are poorly designed for sleeves, catching often and generally making setup and pack-up a bit of a PITA, especially at the end of a long day hiking.
The polyethylene floor is nice and thick, meaning you can do without a ground sheet (I use a thin sheet for no other reason than to keep it clean). Ventilation is excellent, however this comes with a drawback if the temperature drops to single figures (Celsius) and you feel the cold.
Overall a rugged entry level tent, a little on the heavy side at a shade over 3kg. I would recommend for someone as a starting point to overnight / mult-iday hiking, but once you get serious you’ll want something a bit lighter and easier to set up after a big day on the trail.
Only new to overnighting, so have only used this tent a couple of times on the trails. Product was used during the South Australian winter with temperatures between 5 and 8 degrees Celsius and light overnight rain.
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: $149AU